[Zoom Meeting] Getting to Know the Standards - Series: Finance and Operations
** Please note - registration is required via https://tnp.wildapricot.org/event-3905834 **
Please join The Nonprofit Partnership and Strategy Solutions, Inc. for the Standards for Excellence® series: Getting to Know the Standards for Excellence®: Best Practices for a Well-Managed and Responsibly Governed Nonprofit.
What are the Standards for Excellence®, you ask? According to The Standards for Excellence Institute®, the Standards® were "established to promote the highest standards of ethics, effectiveness, and accountability in nonprofit governance, management, and operations."
Accreditation and recognition can be a rigorous process, but the Strategy Solutions team will be there to guide you as you explore this important process.
This series will provide a framework to achieve a well-managed and responsibly governed organization. Each session will be interactive -- there will be the opportunity for participants to share information and ask questions. Join Strategy Solutions for one session or for all -- whatever works best for you and your needs!
Getting to Know the Standards for Excellence®: Best Practices for a Well-Managed and Responsibly Governed Nonprofit - Finance and Operations.
Presented by: Strategy Solutions, Inc.
This session will provide an overview of the Standards for Excellence® with a specific focus on Finance and Operations.
Topics to be covered include:
- Financial Budgeting, Reporting and Monitoring
- Internal Controls and Financial Policies
- Personnel Policies
- Administrative Policies
- Risk Management and Insurance
This session will touch on:
- An overview of the Standards for Excellence® and how they benefit nonprofits
- The organization’s financial and non-financial resources must be used in furtherance of tax-exempt purposes.
- The need for organizations to conduct periodic reviews to address accuracy and transparency of financial and operational reporting, and safeguards to protect the integrity of the reporting systems.