The Nonprofit Excellence Awards is our opportunity to recognize the transformational people and organizations that make up the sector. Too often, nonprofits and the employees within do their important work without fanfare or recognition. The Nonprofit Excellence Awards is our effort to shine a little light on that transformational work. We are pleased to announce the opening of nominations for the Nonprofit Excellence Awards 2022. This will be our third year of recognition and judging from the first two years, the competition will be strong.
We are accepting nominations for the following categories:
- Charles H. Bracken Award in Nonprofit Governance
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Nonprofit of the Year
- Best Place to Work
- CEO of the Year
Submissions are due by March 18, 2022. Please click the category links to the right for full information and to nominate.
For our first year, we recognized:
- CEO of the Year - Michael Robb, Alliance for Nonprofit Resources
- Nonprofit of the Year - YMCA of Greater Erie
- Best Place to Work - Erie Homes for Children and Adults, Inc.
- Young Professional of the Year - Cassie Dundon, Achievement Center
- Lifetime Achievement - Michael Batchelor, The Erie Community Foundation
For our second year, we recognized:
- Charles H. Bracken Award in Nonprofit Governance - Tim Hunter, CEO/President with McInnes Rolled Rings and past Board Chair with The Erie Community Foundation
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion - Sarah A. Reed Children's Center
- Nonprofit of the Year - Asbury Woods
- Best Place to Work - Crime Victim Center of Erie County
- CEO of the Year - Karen Musante with Foundation for Free Enterprise Education