Join The Nonprofit Partnership in Commemorating 5 Years of the Nonprofit Excellence Awards!
2024 marks the fifth anniversary of the Nonprofit Excellence Awards, and The Nonprofit Partnership is excited to announce that nominations are now open! This is your chance to spotlight and celebrate nonprofit organizations and professionals who have made remarkable contributions to our community. Whether it's a visionary CEO, an impactful nonprofit, or an outstanding volunteer, we invite you to nominate them for one or more of the following prestigious categories:
- CEO of the Year: Honoring a leader's strategic vision and inspirational guidance.
- Nonprofit of the Year: Celebrating an organization's exceptional impact and service.
- Best Place to Work: Recognizing a nonprofit fostering an outstanding work environment.
- Charles H. Bracken Excellence in Nonprofit Governance Award: Saluting a superlative Board Member's governance and commitment.
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Acknowledging an organization or individual's dedication to fostering inclusivity.
- Young Professional of the Year: Spotlighting the rising stars in the nonprofit sector.
- NEW! Service for the Soul Award: Applauding an awesome volunteer's dedication and impact.
Each category winner will be awarded $250, offering a small token to further their mission or acknowledge their effort.
We encourage you to take a moment to nominate a deserving nonprofit organization or professional whose work has significantly bettered our community. It's a wonderful way to acknowledge their dedication and impact.
The honorees will be celebrated at the Nonprofit Excellence Awards Luncheon during Celebrate Nonprofits Week. Don't forget to mark your calendar for the special day: Tuesday, June 25, 2024. Let's come together to honor these remarkable individuals and organizations that advance our community with their unwavering commitment and service!
For our first year, we recognized:
- CEO of the Year - Michael Robb, Alliance for Nonprofit Resources
- Nonprofit of the Year - YMCA of Greater Erie
- Best Place to Work - Erie Homes for Children and Adults, Inc.
- Young Professional of the Year - Cassie Dundon, Achievement Center
- Lifetime Achievement - Michael Batchelor, The Erie Community Foundation
For our second year, we recognized:
- Charles H. Bracken Award in Nonprofit Governance - Tim Hunter, CEO/President with McInnes Rolled Rings and past Board Chair with The Erie Community Foundation
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion - Sarah A. Reed Children's Center
- Nonprofit of the Year - Asbury Woods
- Best Place to Work - Crime Victim Center of Erie County
- CEO of the Year - Karen Musante with Foundation for Free Enterprise Education
For our third year, we recognized:
- Charles H. Bracken Award in Nonprofit Governance - Ed Goebel, Community Country Day School
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion - Erie Arts & Culture
- Nonprofit of the Year - WQLN PBS NPR
- Best Place to Work - Erie Humane Society
- CEO of the Year - Rina Irwin, Child Development Centers, Inc.
For our fourth year, we recognized:
- Charles H. Bracken Award in Nonprofit Governance - William (Bill) Miller III, Sarah A. Reed Children's Center
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion - Big Brothers Big Sisters of Family Services of NW PA
- Nonprofit of the Year - Impact Corry
- CEO of the Year - Daria Devlin, Erie Center for Arts & Technology
- Lifetime Achievement - Ann Scott, Erie Insurance (ret.)