Nonprofit Reinvention Summit - Day 2 | Call for Speakers
Day 2 of the Nonprofit Reinvention Summit will take place virtually on Wednesday, October 28, 2020 and will be focused on advancing diversity and racial equity within nonprofit organizations in the Northwest Pennsylvania region.
The racial equity issues as highlighted during 2020 have revealed challenges in our society from which the nonprofit sector is not immune. Nonprofits have played and will continue to play a vital role in addressing those challenges in our communities. But in order to become effective agents of change, nonprofit organizations must first address a number of systemic issues that prevent people of color from advancing within the sector. As the regional experts in nonprofit capacity, The Nonprofit Partnership has a duty to confront systemic deficiencies within the sector. For the second day of the Nonprofit Reinvention Summit 2020, we will focus on addressing and advancing diversity and racial equity in the nonprofit sector.
If you have a background in diversity, equity, and inclusion, we want to hear from you. Please consider submitting to the Nonprofit Reinvention through Racial Equity Call for Speakers.
We are looking for presentations on a variety of topics in the racial equity arena, including but not limited to:
- Building equitable human resources practices, including in hiring, compensating, cultivating, evaluating, and promoting employees
- How to conduct organizational inventories of policies, culture, norms, and activities, along with how to move from assessment to action in order to correct any problematic practices or behaviors identified
- Building and sustaining thriving affinity groups at medium and large nonprofits; finding community outside of your organization for staff at small nonprofits
- How to create an inclusive and equitable organizational culture
Please contact Erin Yates, Operations & Special Projects Manager with The Nonprofit Partnership, with any questions. Erin can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (814) 240-2490 ext. 3.
Please note: Confirmed speakers will not be compensated for their summit participation. Speakers will be granted free registration. Please contact us with any questions regarding this.
Speakers must present in an educational, non-commercial, non-self-promotional manner. NO sales pitches are allowed.
Tips for a stellar submission:
- Fill in all fields!
- Be creative with your session topic, title and description!
- Make sure you’re available on 10/28/2020.
- Add case studies/real life examples to your discussion.
- Add elements to your presentation that encourage engagement amongst attendees.
- Submissions are due by August 24, 2020
- Confirmed speakers will be notified the week of August 31, 2020