Shelter Director Emergency Shelter
Shelter Director Emergency Shelter with Community Shelter Services
Community Shelter Services is looking for a shelter director who will develop, motivate and lead a well-trained team that follows the agency mission while providing quality client care, direct care services, referrals, and housing, to both individuals and families experiencing homelessness within Erie County.
Duties include and are not limited to:
- Hire, train, and develop a strong leadership team.
- Ensure adequate staffing levels, coordinate work assignments for employees, review and approve bi-weekly schedule, supervise/schedule client volunteers, and outside agency volunteers.
- Develop, enforce, and monitor shelter policies and procedures; and agency rules, policies and procedures.
- Ensure the bed occupancy is fully utilized, oversee intakes, and monitor residents prescribed treatments, referrals and outside support services.
- Facilitate communication and collaboration with outside agencies, internal departments, and employees.
- Compile data to prepare, and submit all reports.
- Review, correct and report all client related data.
- Interact with outside vendors, while promoting agency’s mission.
- Ensure safety of shelter and residents; and maintain clean environment.
Applicant should have 2-4 years post-secondary education in a social services field. 3+ years’ work experience, social work, counseling, management experiences, and previous experience in a homeless shelter will all be taken into consideration.
Salary range: $38,000 - $42,000
Please email Tabatha Deacon at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in this position.
Community Shelter Services mission of providing housing and supportive services for individuals and families experiencing homelessness; is the basis by which our agency ensures everyone is treated with respect and dignity.