Ryan White Nurse Case Manager
Under the direction of the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Part C Program Director, the Nurse Case Manager coordinates the primary care for Ryan White patients, which includes, but is not limited to, completing the initial history, patient education, linkage to care, and medication and treatment adherence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Adheres to the essential duties and responsibilities of Community Health Net’s Nurse Position.
- Provide Nursing job duties for Ryan White and Medical Departments.
- Case Management: A range of patient-centered services that links patients with primary medical care, physiological and other services to insure timely, coordinates access to medically-appropriate health support services, continuity of care, and services to prevent unnecessary hospitalization.
- Initiates comprehensive assessments of the patient’s needs and personal support systems.
- Develops comprehensive, individualized service plans for patients.
- Coordinates services required to implement service plan.
- Processes positive HIV referrals: processes intake information, conducts initial physical exam, orders initial lab work, schedules referrals, and access needed to community service programs which specialization in HIV Care and Treatment Services.
- Conducts confidential HIV testing and counseling.
- Assists with coordination of Quality Improvement (QI) program, to ensure compliance of clinical protocols, by service providers.
- Assists patients with obtaining HIV medication coverage through SPBP (Special Pharmaceutical Benefits Program).
- Reports all HIV positive tests to the Erie County Health Department.
- Educates patients on the prevention of the spread of HIV, how to cope with the physical, social, and psychological aspects of their disease.
- Educates and supports loved ones and family members of those infected with HIV.
- Assists with entry of patient data into the clinical management information system.
- Perform other job duties as assigned by Ryan White Program Director.
Licensed Practical Nurse with a current PA license and a minimum of two (2) years clinical experience, including phlebotomy, is required. A minimum of one (1) year experience in Case Management, HIV, and/or Drug and Alcohol counseling experience preferred.
Please visit https://www.community-healthnet.com/employment/ to apply!