Representative Payee Specialist
Representative Payee Specialist with CHAPS
The Representative Payee’s role is to work with participants to create a stable financial environment and meet basic needs by creating a fiscal system that allows person to have shelter, food and clothing. The Representative Payee will also assist individuals in connecting to community resources and other public benefits available to them. The goal of the Representative Payee Program is to promote financial stability, and self-responsibility by attaining the skills to successfully manage their own finances or achieve a higher level of independence within the program.
· Complete an initial assessment then create a monthly budget to assure basic needs are met and that other financial goals set by the individual are achieved
· Pay monthly rent, utilities and other financial obligations on time
· Assist individuals with navigating the public health benefits system
· Complete social security forms and other benefit updates in a timely manner
· Communicate with individuals about their accounts as necessary
· Meet with individuals to discuss financial goals, barriers, challenges and strategies
· Work with financial institutions to ensure that financial accounts are managed appropriately
· Report all changes of address to Social Security and other benefit providers as necessary
· Work individually and as a team to best meet the needs of individuals served
· High School Diploma
· Basic accounting skills
· Computer literacy
· Ability to multi-task
· Strong interpersonal, organization and communication skills
· Ability to work independently or as a team
· Knowledge of community resources and benefits
Salary range: $32,000 - $34,000
CHAPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please email Carrie Linz at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in this position.