Executes patient insurance referrals, consultations, and diagnostic procedures relating to the healthcare facility.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedules consultations and diagnostic appointments with hospitals and specialty offices for patients, per provider request, and documents necessary information.
- Accurately and timely completes requested forms for insurance and specialty offices.
- Obtains insurance prior authorization for appointments.
- Contacts patients to provide appointment date, time, location and preparation information for appointment, if appropriate.
- Answers questions and conducts research to answer questions regarding patient referral appointments and testing.
- Answers telephone, screens calls, takes messages, and provides information regarding patient referrals.
- Works closely with other internal departments to assure all the necessary patient information is received to complete the patient referral.
- Reschedules missed appointments as necessary.
- Assures referrals are properly tracked and documented as to no show, cancelled, and rescheduled appointments.
- Reviews encounters for changed insurance information and changing demographics, as needed.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED required. Medical Assistant Certification or equivalent experience preferred. Two (2) years related experience preferred. Proficient in word processing, data processing, data input, and searching for information on computer applications. Strong organizational skills, prioritization skills and a systematic approach to work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. Able to work independently and act on own initiative. Ability to read, write and converse fluently in English. Understanding of medical terminology.
Please visit https://www.community-healthnet.com/employment/ to apply!