Pediatric Dentist (Full Time or Part Time)
JOB SUMMARY: The Pediatric Dentist provides dental care to children that include diagnosis and treatment of oral diseases, development of treatment plans, education to patients and parents on oral health and needs, and general dentistry services such as fillings, and other restorative services. This position puts young patients at ease while practicing and performing excellent dental care techniques. Full time is a 40-hour/week position. Part time can work up to 20 hours/week.
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides dental care for infants, children, and adolescents;
- Treats primary and secondary teeth and constructs and places bridges, dentures, and obturating appliances suitable for growing arches;
- Fabricates space maintainers designed for patients;
- Examine patients to determine the nature of the condition affecting the patient, utilizing x-rays, dental instruments and other diagnostic procedures;
- Counsels and advises students and patients on growth and development dental problems of patient;
- Provides preventive services through use of fluorides and sealants and instructs patient and family members on dental care;
- Provides education in oral and dental hygiene;
- Provide treatment for fillings, broken teeth, replacement of teeth, root canals, extractions and other treatments as necessary;
- Faculty member will contribute and be responsible for overall student success, including, but not limited to, advising and student outcomes;
- Faculty member will contribute directly to the Mission of LECOM embodying the essence of Osteopathic Principles and Practices by assisting with Institutional fundraising and participating in the LECOM Scholarship Auction;
- Faculty member will participate in scholarly activity so to enrich and broaden the student learning experience;
- Faculty member will commit to being a representative of LECOM by being actively involved in the community, including, but not limited to, serving on Boards, participating in community fundraisers and overall outreach; and and
- Accept other duties assigned/needed to ensure the effective and efficient functionality of the Institution.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Computer experience in the dental or other related field to allow for axiUm computer program entry;
- Knowledge of Patient Relations and Scheduling;
- Knowledge of ADA Coding;
- Compliance with State and Federal Regulations and Safety Protocols, at the practice level;
- Knowledge of patient’s privacy (HIPAA) and student privacy (FERPA);
- Follow proper OSHA and safety guidelines; Protect equipment (office, dental, facility);
- Strong communications skills are essential as well as computer literacy (MS Office Suite [i.e. Word, PowerPoint and Excel] and accurate data entry skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Must be accurate and attentive to detail;
- Must be trained and certified on the Institutional Data System;
- Maintaining an established work schedule;
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills, including tact and diplomacy;
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills, including attention to detail and follow-through;
- Assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects, and demands;
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials;
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships;
- The ability to work cooperatively and collegially with others, consistent with a workplace of dignity and respect and EEO rules and regulations;
- The ability to report to work as scheduled, ready to devote full attention and energy to the important work of LECOM;
- The ability to accept work directives from managers and supervisors in a respectful and cooperative manner; and
- Be able to be flexible to accept other duties needed/assigned for the practice needs.
Education and experience equivalent to: The successful candidate will be a Pennsylvania-licensed D.M.D. or D.D.S. from an ADA-accredited program. Completion of a pediatric dentistry residency program is required.
Salary range: $72.12 per hour
Application deadline: 09/30/2023
How to apply: https://lecom.edu/jobs/
LECOM offers competitive work conditions, wages, and benefits. Apply online for employment opportunities.