The Operations Manager reports to the Executive Director and is an exempt position which serves to oversee operational aspects of all daily activities.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE OPERATIONS MANAGER INCLUDE:
• Serves as the first point of contact for Community of Caring.
• Directly supervises staff and oversees staff scheduling and coordination.
• Oversees all Community of Caring residential activities.
• Oversees general office operations including inventory management, supply and technology management, covers main phone line.
• Administers vendor and building/tenant-related relationships.
• Ensures timely reporting and adherence to all regulations and requirements.
• Maintains accurate and timely benefit accrual information.
• Provides bi-weekly payroll reporting.
• Troubleshoots technology issues and develops/updates best practice procedures.
• Recommends, documents and follows internal processes and practices.
• Prepares operational aspects of licensing inspections, internal audits, etc.
• Oversees use of the Dayenu Community house.
• Maintains effective working relationships with other service agencies.
• Other duties as assigned by the executive director.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate is highly organized, likes managing multiple projects with demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, compassionately handle confrontational situations, meet multiple concurrent deadlines, has excellent communication skills, enjoys working with team input, has a sense of humor and has the following:
• Master’s degree preferred
• 5+ years of related experience in social work, mental health, homelessness or drug & alcohol
• Experience with database systems and knowledgeable with current technology
• Command of MS Office programs
• A successful track record in setting priorities
• Keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
• Ability to work as a team
• Effective time management skills
• Discretion and respect for information privacy
• Personal qualities of integrity and dedication to the mission of Community of Caring
• Valid driver's license and good driving record
• Eligibility for State Police Criminal Record Check
Affirmative Action Employer: Community of Caring encourages applications from all qualified candidates without regard to race, creed, color, religion or belief, gender identity, sex, age, sexual orientation, national, social or ethnic origin, disability or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
Salary: $40,000+, commensurate with experience
Please email Jennifer Woodard at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply!
You can make a permanent difference in someone's life - and have fun doing it! Community of Caring, created in 1980, is a non-profit agency that provides emergency shelter, food, and housing to Erie’s homeless population. We strive to help break the cycle of homelessness by providing comprehensive programming and meeting basic human needs in a caring way.