Multimedia Production Assistant
Multimedia Production Assistant with Community Access Media
The Production Assistant provides public access services to the community by assisting the Multimedia Services Manager to produce media content using CAM’s equipment and facilities; and by helping volunteers to operate such equipment and produce their own content. In addition, the Production Assistant helps maintain the member records database, interacts with visitors, explains CAM services, and provides administrative support as needed. Technical knowledge required including Adobe Creative Suite experience. Job may require physical tasks including climbing, lifting, and standing. Ideal candidate must work effectively in a team environment.
Part-time position (20 hours/week)
Media Production: 70%
- Assist in producing media content (audio, video, and photo) that meets community needs, and serve as assistant director or editor of programs produced by CAM. Also, provide production assistance for CAM members.
- Setup, operate, and tear down cameras and production equipment at LIVE and pre-recorded productions on-location and in the CAM production studio. (Including tripods, microphones, lights, and cabling)
- Assist the Multimedia Services Manager with producing media content for broadcasting on CAM’s Cable and Fiber channels and streaming services.
- Create and share content on CAM’s website, YouTube, and social media accounts.
- Assist with teaching various courses in media production to CAM members and volunteers.
- Maintain and update graphics on the community bulletin board software for Cable and Fiber channels.
- Check in DVDs and flash drives, copy files to database, and help maintain the media library.
Administrative Duties: 30%
- Give support to the achievement of CAM’s philosophy, mission, and its annual goals and objectives.
- Manage lobby including maintenance of administrative records, files, answering phone, greeting visitors, explaining CAM services and policies, and maintaining a professional environment.
- Assist access members with equipment and facility reservations; maintain calendar of equipment and facility reservations in member database. Check video production equipment in and out.
- Coordinate volunteer signups for fundraisers, production events, and various volunteer tasks.
- Assist with monthly CAM Jam orientations, tours, presentations, and membership signups.
Prefer interest or education in Communications, Media, Video Production, or IT field. Candidate must have strong communication, organization, and interpersonal skills. Technical skills necessary, video production experience and editing skills with Adobe Creative Suite required. Experience with Microsoft Office, social media, and ability to learn other software programs easily. Understanding of basic office systems and equipment, flexibility in scheduling, and adaptable to small team environment. Ability to take charge of responsibilities, ability to exercise judgment and make decisions according to policy and established procedure.
Salary range: $10.00 - $12.00 / hour
Application deadline: 1/20/2021
Please email Jacob Bartko at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
CAM is a nonprofit community media center in Erie, PA. The first two words in our name say it all. We are here to provide our community access to mass media! CAM gives people and organizations the tools that they need to get their unique messages across to their intended audiences. Our staff gets to use our creativity on a daily bases to help people tell their stories. We also get to help people grow their own creativeness by teaching them how to use our production equipment and facilities. We are fortunate to serve a very diverse population of Erie County, people from all different backgrounds, education levels, social classes, and ethnicities. There's always something fun and exciting being created at the CAM studios!