Multimedia Production Assistant
The Production Assistant provides public access services to the community by assisting the Multimedia Services Manager to produce media content using equipment and facilities; and by training volunteers to operate such equipment and produce their own content. In addition, the Production Assistant maintains the member records database, interacts with visitors, explains CAM services, and provides administrative support. Requires technical knowledge including: Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Windows maintenance, and analytical ability to solve technical problems if the production or computer equipment malfunctions. Job requires physical tasks including: climbing, lifting, and standing behind cameras. Ideal candidate must work effectively in a team environment. Part-time position (20 hours/week)
Media Production: 60%
- Assist in producing TV programs and web videos that meet community needs, and serve as assistant director or editor of programs produced by CAM. Also, provide production assistance for certified access members.
- Assist in LIVE productions at community events and pre-recorded productions in the CAM studio.
- Assist Multimedia Services Manager with teaching various courses in media production.
- Assist Multimedia Services Manager with programming and maintaining the playback schedule of submitted producer media programs and content for broadcasting on Channel 1021 and website at CAMerie.org.
- Assist with duplication services of DVD’s for festivals and local events.
- Assist access members with equipment and facility reservations; maintain calendar of equipment and facility reservations in member database. Check video production equipment in and out.
Technical Maintenance: 20%
- Provide assistance in technical matters, establish wise maintenance practices, and assist in developing equipment replacement and upgrade recommendations.
- Assist Multimedia Services Manager with networking and computer maintenance.
- Update, maintain, and utilize CAM website, YouTube, and social media accounts.
- Check in DVDs and flash drives, record in database, and help maintain the media library.
- Maintain and update the community bulletin board software on Channel 1021.
Administrative Duties: 20%
- Give support to the achievement of CAM’s philosophy, mission, and its annual goals and objectives.
- Manage lobby including maintenance of administrative records, files, answering phone, greeting visitors, explaining CAM services and policies, and maintaining a professional environment.
- Maintain adequate supply of CAM forms, handouts, brochures, and class manuals.
- Coordinate volunteer signups for fundraisers, production events, and various volunteer tasks.
- Assist with monthly orientations, tours, presentations, and membership signups.
- Enter monthly volunteer hours into member database and compile spreadsheets of total volunteer hours.
Application deadline: 1/25/19
One to two years of relevant education/experience in Communications, Media, Video Production, or IT field. Candidate must have strong communication, organization, and interpersonal skills. Technical skills necessary, basic video production skills a plus. Experience with Adobe Premiere, Audacity, Microsoft Office, social media, and ability to learn other software programs easily. Understanding of basic office systems and equipment, flexibility in scheduling, and adaptable to small team environment. Ability to take charge of responsibilities with little supervision, ability to exercise judgment and make decisions according to policy and established procedure. Candidate must have a car and valid driver’s license.
SALARY: $9 - $11/Per Hour DOE
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
SEND RESUMES/APPLICATIONS TO: firstname.lastname@example.org