Mobile Pantry Coordinator
Mobile Pantry Coordinator with Second Harvest Food Bank of NW PA
Job summary: Coordinate all activities related to Second Harvest’s mobile food distribution programs including Produce Express and Military Share.
Duties & responsibilities:
• Works with Food Resources and Operations teams to increase the quality and throughput of perishable items to clients.
• Recruit new sites and partners to increase Mobile Food Pantry Distributions throughout Second Harvest’s 11-county service area
• Plan and order items to be distributed at special distributions based on estimated numbers of recipients at sites and product available.
• Coordinate distribution logistics.
o Works across SHFB teams to ensure that appropriate staff and a full complement of volunteers are scheduled at each distribution.
o Ensure all needed supplies and equipment are available and ready for loading prior to distribution.
o Coordinate drivers and volunteers on days of distributions.
• During Distributions, oversee staff and volunteers, and ensure a positive experience for clients, volunteers, and staff at all distributions.
• Confirm distribution site availability and most efficient set up
o Maintain relationships with host sites to ensure sustained participation
o Identify and immediately address any safety concerns with sites
• Maintain accurate records, statistics and data from each distribution
• Upon return to warehouse, oversee proper unloading of trucks, weighing and recording of returned product, restocking of product and supplies, and cleanup of dock area.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Experience with Microsoft Office products including Excel and Word
• Previous leadership or experience coordinating volunteers preferred
• Ability to lift and move 50 pounds and stand 3-4 hours. This position will require exposure to outside temperatures and weather
• Valid driver's license and good driving record required. Travel throughout the 11-county region is a regular part of this position
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule including weeknights and Saturdays
• Safe Food Handling Certificate and First Aid/CPR certifications required within 90 days of employment.
• Act 33 & 34 Clearances, FBI Clearances
Salary range: $30,000 - $31,000
Application deadline: 8/1/2021
Please email Lisa Olverson at email@example.com to apply.