Manager Human Resources
MANAGER HUMAN RESOURCES
Shriners Hospitals for Children® — Erie provides comprehensive, outpatient, orthopaedic care to children regardless of the families’ ability to pay. These services include provider care through our outpatient clinic, ambulatory surgery center, outpatient rehabilitation and motion analysis center. The Erie medical center takes pride in employee engagement and was named the 5th Best Place to Work in PA (2016) and a Best Places to Work in Healthcare (2018 & 2019) achieving a national rank of 9th.
If you are looking for a place to work where you can make a difference in the lives of children, be a part of something bigger than yourself, join co-workers who genuinely care about each other and grow as a Human Resources professional, you have found the right place. As the Human Resources Manager, you will serve as a strategic business partner to both the leadership team as well as our dedicated workforce, reporting directly to the medical center’s Administrator.
The successful candidate will have at least 5-7 years of Human Resources management experience, with at least 3 years in a healthcare setting. (S)he will possess strong critical thinking skills, be adept at developing trust-based relationships and be a strong communicator. A Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field is required, with PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
Major responsibilities include:
- Oversee and execute all aspects of the employment cycle: sourcing and hiring the best candidates, new employee onboarding, administration of SHC benefits and compensation programs, all HR transactions to ensure timely processing of personnel action changes and coaching/performance management.
- Ensure all standards of performance are maintained for all SHC personnel and updates as necessary.
- Interpret and comply with state and federal employment laws.
- Develop the annual department budget and play a key role in determining annual salary budget for all departments.
- Conduct Human Resources Committee meetings in conjunction with the Board of Governors.
- Complete and submit reports to corporate HR within specified time frames.
- Supervise the HR Assistant and Receptionists/Telephone Operators.
- Serve as the administrator for the SHC online learning platform.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
Interested professionals can apply at or send their resume to:
Shriners Hospitals for Children®
Erie Ambulatory Surgery Center
Erie Outpatient Specialty Care Center
Attn: Human Resources
1645 West 8th Street
Erie, PA 16505
or email to Mary Jane Antoon - MJANTOON@SHRINENET.ORG
No phone calls please. Shriners Hospitals for Children® is an EOE/Drug-Free, Smoke-Free Workplace.
Benefits of Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 403(b), and many more.
Application deadline: 9/27/2019