Maintenance Team Member
We are looking for a reliable, skilled maintenance worker to perform essential upkeep tasks throughout our facility. In this position, you will be responsible for a wide variety of activities such as repairs and cleaning to ensure that our facilities are both tidy and functional. Being reliable and self-motivated with a keen eye for detail is essential in this job. You should have the manual dexterity and physical stamina necessary for this work, a current driver’s license, the ability to lift 50+ pounds, and be able to obtain all necessary clearances and background check for work to be performed at our Early Learning site. This is a part-time position, Monday through Friday from 9:00 – 2:30, with a limited benefit package, and a $500 new employee sign on bonus.
Maintenance Team Member Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform minor fixes such as repairing broken locks, damage to walls, etc.
• Install necessary appliances and equipment as needed
• Check control panels and electrical wiring to identify issues
• Maintain grounds, including garden and yard upkeep, trimming, edging, mowing lawn, collecting trash, etc.
• Perform necessary cleaning activities such as dusting, mopping, trash removal, etc.
• Complete regular maintenance tasks such as replacing light bulbs
• Inspect and troubleshoot various equipment and systems
• Deliver food pantry orders to clients (using company vehicle)
• Responsible for picking up food bank orders (using company vehicle) and unloading the order
• Collaborate with a team of workers and other professionals during renovations and facility expansions
• Report to the COO regarding issues resolved, those needing attention, and those currently in progress
Maintenance Worker Requirements and Qualifications
• High school diploma or equivalent
• PA Drivers License requirement
• Must be able to obtain all necessary clearances
• Proven experience as a maintenance worker or other similar position preferred
• Basic working knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems preferred
• Experience working with tools, including hand and electrical tools
• Ability to read and utilize technical manuals
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• General passion for creative problem-solving
Wage: $16 per hour
Please visit stmartincenter.org or email Stacey at email@example.com to apply!
We work hard, but also believe in fun. Our work culture celebrates everyone's wins, and we firmly believe in TEAM work.