Human Resource Assistant
Human Resource Assistant with L'Arche Erie
The HR assistant is a member of the HR team and provides support to the HR Manager in areas of employee and volunteer recruitment and orientation/initial training. He/she will manage recruitment activities including programs with colleges/universities, churches, volunteer groups and interested persons identified via social media and events.
- An Associate Degree or at least 60 credit hours from an accredited college/university in education, human resources, business, or a related field; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Respect and appreciation for the values expressed in the mission/vision of L’Arche.
- At least 1 year of supervisory or leadership experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Criminal History and Driver’s Record Clearances.
- Know and understand various employment laws and practices including those related to requirements of PA Department of Human Services/Office of Developmental Programs.
- Manage recruitment processes locally and in conjunction with L’Arche USA.
- Act as the liaison with colleges and universities to develop internships, fieldwork opportunities, projects with specific classes or campus groups, volunteer and service opportunities.
- Organize and ensure effective on-boarding of team members through initial orientation and required training for ODP compliance and role-specific training frameworks.
- Responsible for Medication Administration Training and CPI training and tracking.
- Oversee volunteer programs and develop additional opportunities/programs for volunteers.
Please submit a resume and letter of interest to Vicki Washek, email@example.com or mail to: L’Arche Erie, c/o Vicki Washek, 3745 West 12th St., Erie, PA 16505 by November 12, 2019.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.