Gifts Processor - Part Time
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Gift Processor is responsible for the daily recording and processing of contributions and ensuring all gifts are promptly and accurately entered, receipted, and acknowledged.
This role will also provide support with other administrative duties as it relates to the Development Department.
- Responsible for gift/pledge entry and management:
- Process and oversee gifts and pledges according to current policies and procedures (including batch reconciliation, record keeping, year-end reporting and monthly financial reconciliation).
- Reconcile batches using Donor Perfect Online (DPO) and prepare batches for daily deposits.
- Produce gift, pledge, memorial, and tribute acknowledgments in a timely manner.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly donor pledge reminders.
- Maintain accurate financial and constituent records.
- Act as a resource for questions regarding contributions.
- Communicate financial discrepancies to the Director of Development.
- Data maintenance and reporting:
- Maintain and update constituent records in DPO by way of obituaries, NCOA, and return service requests.
- Create and generate various giving reports and lists as needed.
- Protect and maintain the privacy of donor records, including the management, organization, and security of donor files.
Marginal duties as assigned, including various administrative tasks, content gathering, and other roles as they develop.
Education & Experience
Associate or bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred or have had the equivalent professional training and successful experience needed to perform the defined job functions.
Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of the Donor Perfect Online CMS database or similar program preferred.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Detail oriented; demonstrating accuracy working with data entry and analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of exercising sound judgment and comfortable in asking questions, when necessary, in order to maintain the integrity of the department.
- Ability to prioritize work and multitask while adhering to deadlines.
- Ability to work with confidential data.
- Comfortable with handling money.
- Ability to take responsibility, to work well as a team member, and to work independently without supervision within the scope of normal duties and responsibilities.
- Adaptable and flexible to situations and priorities.
- Able to sit and work on a computer for long periods of time.
- Personal qualities of maturity, humility, strong work ethic, and a roll-up-my-sleeves attitude.
- Demonstrated experience with and sensitivity to varying cultural, ethnic, and social background, values, and attitudes.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily sedentary, sitting for long periods of time and is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and taste or smell.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/ or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Contact with computer screen for long periods of time is required.
Works out of the main campus in administrative offices. May be required to adjust schedule during holidays.
Part-time employees after 90 days receive:
- 401(k) with generous 5% company match
Pay Range: $18/hr
Interested applicants should send a resume to Erin Layden, director of development at Erin.Layden@eriecitymission.org