Gift Processor with the Erie City Mission
Position Title: Gift Processor
Reports to: Director of Development
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly
Job Type: Part-Time
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Gifts Processor is responsible for the daily recording and processing of contributions and ensuring all gifts are promptly and accurately entered, receipted and acknowledged.
This position will also provide support with special events and other administrative duties as deemed necessary.
Responsible for gift/pledge entry and management:
- Process and oversee gifts and pledges according to current policies and procedures (including batch reconciliation, record keeping, year-end reporting and monthly financial reconciliation).
- Reconcile batches with Donor Perfect Online (DPO) and prepare batches for daily deposits.
- Produce gift, pledge, memorial and tribute acknowledgments in a timely manner.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly donor pledge reminders.
- Maintain accurate financial and constituent records.
- Act as a resource for questions regarding contributions.
- Communicate financial discrepancies to the Director of Development.
Data maintenance and reporting:
- Maintain and update constituent records in DPO by way of obituaries, NCOA, return service requests.
- Create and generate various reports and lists as needed.
- Protect and maintain the privacy of donor records, including the management, organization and security of donor files.
Marginal duties as assigned, including various administrative tasks, content gathering, special event/fundraising assistance and other roles as they develop.
Education & Experience
Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred or have had the equivalent professional training and successful experience needed to perform the defined job functions.
Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge with the Donor Perfect Online CMS database or similar program preferred.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Detail oriented; demonstrating accuracy working with data entry and analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of exercising sound judgment and comfortable in asking questions when necessary in order to maintain the integrity of the department.
- Ability to prioritize work and multitask while adhering to deadlines.
- Ability to work with confidential data.
- Comfortable with handling money.
- Ability to take responsibility, to work well as a team member and to work independently without supervision within the scope of normal duties and responsibilities.
- Adaptable and flexible to situations and priorities.
- Able to sit and work on a computer for long periods of time.
Works primarily out of the main campus; administrative offices, but non-essential functions require travel off-campus (events, meetings, etc.). May be required to adjust schedule during holidays and event season and work some evenings and weekends.
Applicants may apply with cover letter and resume by:
Erie City Mission
c/o Erin Layden
PO Box 407
Erie, PA 16512-0407
Email - (preferred)
Erin Layden, Director of Development
Application deadline: 1/1/20
Tentative start: ASAP