Food Resource Coordinator
Food Resource Coordinator with Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest Pennsylvania
Position Summary: Responsible for procurement and purchase of food and other grocery items for distribution throughout our 11-county service area. Will also be responsible for the management of government food programs, and agricultural programs and partnerships.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensures that appropriate quality, quantity, and variety of product are on inventory at all times.
o Monitor inventory on a daily basis and identify product to procure, either through purchase or donation.
o Select, bid on and/or purchase product for wholesale, donation and the State Food Purchase Program as needed, and as determined by available resources.
o Ensure consistency and variety of products, and most economical use of Food Bank funds.
o Identify vendors/distributors to optimize purchased product acquisition.
o Secure food donations through local donations, governmental agencies, Feeding America, produce brokers, and other food banks.
o Maintain and strengthen donor relationships and develop new donor resources. Ensure long-term donor retention. Act as liaison between Food Bank, product donors, and the food industry.
o Solicits agricultural community to maximize possible donations of food. Help to engage and involve the agricultural industry in SHFB’s work and provide them with needed information or updates.
o Develops and maintains an active food donation program by soliciting food from various sources throughout the food industry.
• Manage several budget lines for procurement of food and nonfood resources to support our programs and member network.
o Ensures that food is procured in compliance with requirements of our various funding streams
o Monitor sales trends and availability of product; analyze and project demand weeks to months ahead of order to ensure that food supply and available funds consistently mirror demand throughout the fiscal year.
• Participates in continuous improvements plans of product flow and handling.
o Ensures that Operation functions, including receiving, storage, and repack are smoothly integrated into the procurement process
o Develop and use tools to track and predict quality, efficiency, and demand.
o Provide marketing insights on incoming product to be disseminated to and by programs, Nutrition, and/or SHFB Network.
• Manage and coordinate the TEFAP offerings.
• Develops and implements a method of ongoing donor recognition to demonstrate Food Bank appreciation.
• Must maintain current knowledge of food safety regulations and keep up to date on changes within in the food industry.
• Bachelor’s Degree, plus two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in marketing or outside sales/customer service (preferably within the food industry).
• Food Safety Certification within 90 days of employment
• Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
• Act 33 & Act 34 clearances
Experience and Knowledge required:
• Must have compassion and care about helping those who are low income.
• Attention to detail, ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision
• Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal. Comfortable communicating with others in person, on the phone, and by email.
• Self-motivated individual preferred, with he ability to analyze performance data to improve outcomes.
• Strong computer skills required, especially MS excel, database management, and internet.
Please send resume and references to:
Second Harvest Food Bank of NW PA
1507 Grimm Drive
Erie PA 16501 No phone calls. EOE
Salary range: $36,600-$38,000
Application deadline: 10/31/2021