Finance Director with Second Harvest Food Bank of NW PA
Full time position with benefits. Typical work hours - Mon. through Fri., 8:00AM to 4:00PM.
Job summary: The Finance Director will ensure the continued financial strength of the organization. Oversee financial and accounting system controls and standards. Ensures timely financial and statistical reports to management, Board and other committees as applicable. This position will implement policies, programs, and activities either independently or through a subordinate.
Duties & responsibilities:
• Develop, analyze and interpret statistical and accounting information in order to assess operating results in terms of performance against budget, cash flow projections, inventory control and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the organization.
• Coordinate and prepare the annual budgets and financial forecasts, institute and maintain other planning and control procedures, and complete budget analyses and report variances.
• Review financial data to analyze revenue trends and expenses, making projections, and provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues.
• Manages treasury functions, including forecasting needs and cash available, managing cash and bank accounts, and arranging and administering loan and lines of credit.
• Ensures that financial records and activities of the organization are maintained at professional levels.
• Manage organizational cash flow.
• Produce cost accounting reports for programs and projects of the organization.
• Furnish accurate and timely reports/statements to the CEO and Board of Directors.
• Prepare for and coordinate annual independent audit(s).
• Serve as a staff liaison helping to guide the Board of Director’s Finance Committee.
• Lead the risk management function.
• Develop and provide Human Resource activities of the organization. Implements all or most or the following programs: payroll, benefits, employee relations, safety, etc.
• Responsible for information systems.
• May direct strategic planning for technology of the organization.
• Must possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a major in accounting, Business Administration/Management, or equivalent. CPA preferred.
• Have a minimum of five years of experience in the Finance or Accounting Field.
• Two years minimum experience in a Finance leadership position. Non-profit audit experience preferred.
• Must have at least 2 years supervisory experience.
• Deep understanding of finance and accounting processes and functions
• Ability to work independently, multi-task, demonstrate effective leadership, and independently plan activities.
• Experience managing Information Technology activities and managing software implementation.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Attention to detail and follows through on tasks.
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Application deadline: 1/12/22
Please email Karen Seggi @ firstname.lastname@example.org to apply!