Executive Director - part time position
Executive Director (part time) with Lake Erie Arboretum at Frontier (LEAF)
As a result of continued growth, the Lake Erie Arboretum at Frontier (LEAF) is restructuring its staff. The current Executive Director role is being split into two 20-hours a week positions, Executive Director and Property Director, with the current Executive Director assuming the Property Director position.
The successful candidate for the Executive Director position will work with the Board of Directors and staff to provide strategic direction, leadership and administration for LEAF. LEAF is a 34 acre tree museum situated within Frontier Park in Erie, PA. Its mission is to create educational opportunities and outdoor experiences for our community in order to generate a greater awareness of the importance of trees to our lives.
Primary responsibilities include development/fund raising, financial management, strategic planning, staff supervision, and any other duties as determined by the Board. The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 5 years experience in a management position
- Ability to envision and convey LEAF’s mission and vision to the staff, Board, volunteers and donors
- Demonstrated ability to generate revenue through grants, fundraising solicitations, events, and membership drives
- Strong management and organizational skills; capable of managing staff and accomplishing multiple tasks in a small office environment
- Solid financial skills, including budgeting and a working knowledge of QuickBooks Online
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and donor database software
- An interest in nature and the environment is a plus
Interested candidates should submit their resume by email in a PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tentative start date: 5/1/2020
For over 20 years, the dedicated LEAF Board and staff have worked to turn Frontier Park into the beautiful park and community resource that it is today. With an office in the LEAF Education Center, one only needs to look out into the park or take a walk to be inspired, regardless of the season.