Events & Volunteer Coordinator
Events & Volunteer Coordinator with Second Harvest Food Bank of NW PA
Position Summary: The Special Events & Volunteer Coordinator directs all company and 3rd party events to benefit Second Harvest Food Bank of NW PA (SHFB) and coordinates the Volunteer Program.
JOB DUTIES include the following:
• Manages and executes all aspects of planning for SHFB fundraising events.
• Ensures that all details for each event including logistics, volunteer recruitment and supervision, promotional material and overall deadlines are met for each event. Ensures that event raises dollars, food, visibility and friends for SHFB.
• Supports smaller 3rd party events. Emphasis placed on special events outside of Erie County.
• Follows up to ensure that all contributions from assigned events are properly acknowledged in a prompt manner.
• Identifies potential new events and keeps past community partners engaged.
Recruitment and Primary Contact for Volunteers:
• Schedules and secures services of volunteer workers through various recruitment efforts.
• Conducts a Corporate Volunteer Program through which individual corporations recruit volunteers to work in teams.
• Works in cooperation with various departments and staff to ensure opportunities for volunteers.
• Ensures that potential volunteers meet Second Harvest Food Bank criteria stated in the Manual/Handbook.
• Updates and maintains the Volunteer Manual, ensuring compliance to all rules and regulations for volunteers’ participation.
• Acts as liaison between Second Harvest Food Bank and volunteers, mediating any problems or challenges that may arise.
• Develops volunteer orientation and training process. Ensures that the volunteer experience is enjoyable, positive and satisfying. Educates volunteers on how their work is helping alleviate hunger.
• Creates solicitation materials for volunteer programs.
• Attends community events, campaigns and fairs to communicate volunteer opportunities. Speaks to community groups, explaining poverty issues, Food Bank activities and the role of the volunteer program.
• Conducts regular surveys to evaluate effectiveness of volunteer service program.
• Prepares statistical reports on extent, nature, and value of volunteer services as needed.
• Facilitates correspondence to volunteers and groups that communicate appreciation.
• Recognizes volunteers for their service to the Food Bank including planning the annual volunteer recognition event.
• Communicates with volunteers on a regular basis about volunteer opportunities and Second Harvest Food Bank news.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, or English and one to two years (minimum) related experience managing special events; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with multifaceted demands. Must have strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills and the ability to successfully handle multiple projects and meet critical deadlines. Candidate is expected to be results orientated and have a passion for creativity.
• Candidate must have strong personal leadership skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
• Must be able to ask for funds and other key support.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills, specifically for interacting with a variety of audiences, including donor communities.
• Committed to organizational mission of alleviating hunger.
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications is required. Design skills and experience a plus.
• Valid drivers’ license.
Application deadline: 1/12/22
Please email Karen Seggi at email@example.com to apply!