District Operations Manager
District Operations Manager with Junior Achievement of Western PA
POSITION TITLE: District Operations Manager
TERMS: 37.5 hours a week
Salary: $40,000-$45,000 per year DOE
We are passionate people who seek to educate and inspire young people to succeed in a global economy. JAWPA supports JA operations throughout western Pennsylvania and northern West Virginia reaching students with relevant, hands-on learning experiences that teach young people to manage their money, plan for their economic future, run their own businesses, and
develop readiness for careers or college. JAWPA offers a collaborative, inclusive work environment and the opportunity to impact the lives of young people in our community. JAWPA is committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff and encourage applicants from under-represented backgrounds.
The District Operations Manager oversees operations in the 7-county region of northwest PA including the counties of Clarion, Crawford, Erie, Forest, Mercer, Venango and Warren. This position works closely with the Executive Vice President and other senior leaders to develop and implement plans and strategies regarding fund development, board engagement (Advisory Boards and Committees), and program growth.
The ideal candidate will be a results-oriented leader that builds and empowers teams. We are looking for an innovative problem solver, an expert at building and navigating complex relationships and a partnership builder that is committed to equity in education and keeps students at the center of their work.
We are seeking a self-starter who can work from the ground up to build engagement for JA including fund development, program coordination, volunteer engagement, special and educational events and experiences, virtual programming, and JA BizTown. We seek a consummate professional who will help guide operations and planning for organizational growth. Skills in advocacy are necessary to help develop JA’s reputation in the community.
Ability to apply Metrics and Measurement are key to the success of this position.
• Combination of seven or more years of education and/or experience with sales, program management, business development, business or similar concentration.
• Computer literate, especially with Microsoft Office Suite. Proficiency in Database/Constituency management.
• Knowledge and experience with diverse educational delivery models.
• Able to manage multiple priorities and high-level relationships.
• Be a goal driven self-starter who enjoys providing exceptional customer-focused service and building mutually beneficial networks of supporters.
• Demonstrated organizational and planning experience.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED CONTINUED:
• Experience in creating and managing a budget.
• Committee and board meeting leadership.
• Excellent organizational skills/attention to detail demonstrated by an ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects to full completion while achieving stated goals and a commitment to quality.
• Strong sales/fundraising skills and experience, and the ability to assist revenue growth.
• Strong public speaking skills demonstrated by the ability to confidently speak to and motivate a variety of volunteer constituents in groups small and large, including volunteer training environments.
• Possess a strong entrepreneurial spirit as related to promoting JA within the Northwest market including educators, business contacts and the community at large.
Areas of Responsibility Include:
Partner Engagement and Cultivation
Educational Experiences (Events)
Program Planning and Delivery
Growth of Middle School and High School Programs
Advocacy and Community Building
Data & Measurement
Revenue Generation and Advocacy
• Work with EVP and CEO to strategically pursue opportunities to grow funding and partnerships specifically supporting key education initiatives.
• Plan and implement county fundraising campaigns.
• Build strategic partnerships with current and potential funders.
• Support JAWPA in securing earned revenue through program participation in learning labs and summer camps.
• Recruit School Districts for Capstone Field trips.
• Solicit support for educational events from partner companies and fulfill stated deliverables.
• Work closely with finance and administration team to ensure financial goals are being met.
• Cultivate current partners to increase giving.
Revenue Generation and Advocacy Continued
• Implement funding and event partnership models in concert with organizational goals and initiatives.
• Works closely with other staff to identify funding needs, opportunities in Northwest Pennsylvania.
• Plug into the community in a meaningful way to build JA’s reputation including attending networking events, presenting to local groups and meeting with corporate and community leaders.
• Work closely with fellow team members to manage annual Junior Achievement Northwest region events; including committee management, development of the event budget, directing event logistics, prospecting new event participants, leading day-of event operations, and facilitating post-event evaluation.
• Assist in management of other smaller, non-revenue producing activities as assigned.
Program Delivery and Expansion
• Initiate contact with school administrators, teachers and parents to educate the community about the mission and availability of Junior Achievement.
• Manage annual in-class program delivery in area schools, including associated volunteer recruitment and training.
• Content management in BCRM data base.
• Build and execute annual plan to impact students with JA programming across Northwest Region, striking balance between depth and scale to meet the needs of our community, partners, and students.
• Deliver impactful experiential learning experiences to youth at onsite JA BizTown, in-classroom programs, virtual and online programs, educational technology tools and with community partners.
• Build and strengthen relationships with superintendents, key administrators, and community leaders to ensure active and effective partnerships for JA in the education community.
• Demonstrate commitment to evaluations of program outcomes.
• Ensure that all reports and data comply with JA program implementation standards and meet all reporting deadlines.
• Develop and manage budgets for all program-related activities.
• Supervise volunteer/teacher recruitment and recognition programs to ensure strong training, support, and retention.
• Serve as staff liaison and manage Northwest Region County Advisory Boards and committees.
• Recruit and onboard new Advisory Board Members.
• Ensure effective communication with and among boards, committees and staff.
• In partnership with CEO, Executive VP and VP of Operations, support district communities in board and fund development, marketing, communication, and events.
• Manage operations of Northwest Region including office management including but not limited to working with vendors, overseeing office operations, depositing checks and providing financial information to the Finance team.
• Ensure financial and education information is updated and correct in BCRM constituent relationship management software.
• Direct and work with the program, engagement, and district staff to include the effective recruiting, selection, training, development, and performance management that results in a diverse, empowered, and successful team.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Junior Achievement of Western Pennsylvania is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected characteristic.
**This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise, other than an "at-will" relationship.
Clearances and background check required.
Resumes may be forwarded, along with a cover letter to:
Vice President of Operations
Junior Achievement of Western Pennsylvania
416 Main Street, Suite 300
Johnstown, PA 15901
Junior Achievement has great benefits - medical, dental, vision, 403b + matching and generous time off including holidays such as MLK Day, President's Day and Juneteenth as well as the ability to work remotely. With a nation-wide network, resources and professional connections are available at your fingertips.