Director of Communications
PRINCIPLE FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement annual communications plan for the congregation and community members and to support the ministry events of the church. Our goal is to communicate the story of God’s work with current members, guests of the church, and our partners including: Gannon University, Our West Bayfront, Erie Downtown Partnership, neighborhood residents, Presbytery of Lake Erie, the Non-Profit Partnership, Erie Philharmonic, Strong Vincent Middle School, and the Martin Luther King Jr. Center.
- Work with staff and volunteers to develop and maintain brand standards for all written and visual communication.
- Coordinate all communication strategies and promotions across ministry areas in accordance with the church master calendar.
- Work with ministry leaders to produce all print and electronic communications, website content, social media, electronic and other signage, worship bulletins and worship media, newsletters/e-newsletter and flyers. Take bulk mailings to the post office.
- Generate online content with ministry leaders that engages church and community members according to ministry demographic: College Ministry, Children & Youth, Music Ministry, Sunday Suppers, etc.
- Manage social media engagement via creative, entertaining, spiritually compelling and informative posts.
- Track online metric to gauge communication effectiveness, including web, social media, and email analytics.
- Develop and maintain new website to ensure that new and consistent information is posted regularly.
- Produce annual report for April congregational meeting and a video that celebrates the mission and ministry of the church.
- Write press releases to local media outlets as necessary.
- Manage and host outside media when present at church events.
- Attends staff meetings and retreats as scheduled.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field or commensurate experience.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Publisher, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal and hospitality skills.
- Website creation and content management experience required.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage several tasks at once.
- Design software experience required: Adobe InDesign, Canva, etc.
- Social media proficiency required: Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Proficiency in still and video photography.
- Preferred grant writing experience.
Salary Range: $40,000-$45,000
Application Deadline: September 29, 2023
How to Apply: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits include: paid vacation, health insurance, dental and vision. A matching 403(b) retirement plan. PLUS you get to work with a great group of people!