Development Director with Sisters of St. Joseph Neighborhood Network
Summary of Position
The Sisters of St. Joseph Neighborhood Network (SSJNN) has an excellent opportunity for an experienced, full- time Development Director to join our growing team. Successful applicants will be goal-oriented and passionate about our mission for neighborhood-based empowerment. The position requires a balance between both communicating clear, compelling stories that inspire support, and managing data to ensure successful and efficient implementation of fundraising strategies.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Development Director is responsible for writing grants, organizing fundraising initiatives, cultivating relationships with current and prospective private and corporate donors, managing a donor database, and collaborating with staff, Board of Directors, and volunteers on development initiatives.
“Revitalizing a neighborhood. Empowering its people.” The SSJ Neighborhood Network, sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Northwestern Pennsylvania, provides leadership, advocates for local residents, and partners with the broader community to develop opportunities for both personal growth and neighborhood revitalization. Visit us at www.ssjnn.org to learn all about what we do.
Job Duties / Responsibilities
• Develop and implement strategic fundraising and development initiatives, in collaboration with the Executive Director.
• Research and write grants.
• Research donor prospects, including corporate and local business opportunities.
• Develop donor solicitation strategy for fundraising prospects.
• Determine, track, and assess fundraising and development metrics.
• Create fundraising proposal and sponsorship documents.
• Plan and implement fundraising and special events.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, public relations, nonprofit management, or related field; or the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in nonprofit advancement, fundraising, grant writing and business communications
• Experienced grant writer with history of success with identifying, writing, and securing grants.
• History of success with diverse fundraising methods, including overseeing special events.
• Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, computer literacy, organizational ability, administrative and time management skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel & Word) and donor CRM tools.
• Required of all employees: criminal background and child abuse clearances, mandated reporter training
• 401(k) matching
• Dental insurance
• Employee assistance program
• Health insurance
• Health savings account
• Paid time off
• Vision insurance
• Day shift
• Monday to Friday
• Weekend availability
Full vaccination is required of all staff.
• Bachelor's (Required)
• Fundraising: 5 years (Preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer
SSJNN is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or belief. We encourage a diversity of candidates to apply for the position.
To Apply: Qualified candidates may submit their resume and cover letter electronically via Indeed.com at the following link: https://indeedhi.re/3EZm0UB
Applications received without a cover letter will not be considered.
Salary range: $42,000 - $47,000 DOE
The SSJ Neighborhood Network is a dynamic organization, making a difference in the daily lives of Erie residents. Our dedicated staff works closely with supportive partners to provide hope and create visual impact in the development of Erie neighborhoods which are rich in history and culture.