SUMMARY: The Development Director is responsible for the development and implementation of plans to raise funds for Community of Caring cost-effectively and time-efficiently. Duties include overseeing and managing fundraising efforts, building strong and successful relationships, grant writing and marketing.
1. Minimum of an associate degree and/or post-secondary education in Business Administration, Communication, or related field.
2. Five+ years in fundraising experience.
3. Foundation relationship and grant writing experience.
4. Familiarity with Donor Perfect or other donor data system.
5. Excellent computer, written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills.
6. Strong commitment to the organization, its goals and mission statement and willingness to be a Community of Caring ambassador.
7. Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the organization.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS
1. Develop and oversee our annual fundraising program.
2. Identify, cultivate, pursue and retain major donor and contributor support.
3. Maintain and increase ongoing communications with private and corporate donors.
4. Ensure timely and accurate reports.
5. Develop print marketing collateral related to fundraising.
6. Research, write and submit grant proposals.
7. Maintain records and submit reports related to grant opportunities.
Salary: $36,000+, commensurate with experience
Please email Jennifer Woodard at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply!
Community of Caring, established in 1980, is a non-profit agency that provides emergency shelter, food, and housing to Erie’s homeless population.
We strive to help break the cycle of homelessness by providing comprehensive programming and meeting basic human needs in a caring way. Having a daily impact on someone's life is priceless.
**Your added bonus is the laughter, fun and job satisfaction you will gain with us!**