Development Coordinator with NAMI of Erie County
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or a related field.
Experience: A minimum of two-to-three years of work experience in the areas of fundraising, communications, or a related field. Salary based on experience.
- Displays concern for persons with mental illness and respects client confidentiality.
- Leads the identification, cultivation, and stewardship of NAMI donors.
- Maintains a portfolio of donors with the goal of growing donor investment at NAMI.
- Identifies appropriate giving levels for individual donors and leads the solicitation process.
- Conducts Mental Health First Aid Training and possibly other instruction for NAMI signature programs such as the Family-to-Family program.
- Conducts agency/mental health presentations to community groups.
- Possesses the ability to network with volunteers, social service groups and donors.
- Assists with the coordination and budgeting of fundraising events.
- Updates organizational CRM software and assists with maintenance.
- Providing content for social media for donors, events, and promotions.
- Assisting with grant writing and proposals, as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to produce internal documents, presentations, and collateral materials.
- Demonstrated abilities in event planning, communications and project management.
- Demonstrated consultative approach with ability to quickly analyze situations, identify and troubleshoot problems, recommend solutions and use good judgment in making decisions.
- Work is performed in a busy office setting. This position requires the ability to work flexible hours and some evenings and/or weekends in conjunction with special events, promotions and media relations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task various projects and deadlines.
- Raise an additional $20,000
- Create 40 new donors ($50+)
- Contact 200 new individuals
- Raise an additional $40,000
- Cultivate two major gifts ($1,000+)
- Create 80 new donors ($50+)
- Contact 400 new individuals
Salary range: $40,000 - $43,000
Application deadline: 2/26/2021
Please email Tracy Kerestes - Office Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in this position.