Conservation & Outreach Coordinator
The Foundation for Sustainable Forests seeks a hard-working Conservation & Outreach Coordinator to further its mission to conserve forested land and promote sustainable forest management practices. The successful applicant has strong interpersonal, and organizational skills. They will work closely with the Executive Director on specific conservation projects, as well as coordinate the communications and outreach initiatives described below. This is a salaried position with benefits. The organization has committed to funding the position for a minimum of three years, with the possibility of extending the position beyond that period.
I. RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
• Manage land conservation projects and donor communications alongside existing team
• Coordinate the FSF’s annual membership program
• Manage communications & marketing (including newsletters, social media, website content)
• Coordinate outreach events
• Minimum Associate or Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience
• Effective communicator – written and verbal
• Effective listener/facilitator (working with private forest landowners on legacy planning)
• Attention to detail
• Experience with data management
III. PREFERRED SKILLS
• Comfortable learning new software
• Working knowledge of GIS mapping tools
• Experience with graphic design
• Experience with donor management software
• Basic knowledge or understanding of Quickbooks
IV. POSITION DIMENSIONS
• This is a full time exempt position with benefits
• Remote with weekly in-person meetings in Spartansburg, PA, around northwestern PA and Chautauqua Co., NY.
• Occasional weekend appointments and events
Salary range: $36,000 - $46,000
Please email Annie Maloney at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply!
The Foundation for Sustainable Forests is a small organization working to have a big impact on the health, resilience, and habitat connectivity of the region's forests. We care about both the land and the people of this region, and practice a conservation model that strives to sustainably meet the needs of both. Join an energetic team in helping to shape FSF's future and achieve conservation success!