Chief Financial Officer
Our client, Sarah Reed Children’s Center is seeking top-tier candidates who want to have an immediate impact as a key member of their executive team. Sarah Reed provides comprehensive behavioral health services to children, adolescents and adults throughout northwestern Pennsylvania and surrounding regions. With 300 employees and a history dating back to 1871, their roots are strong and provide a stable foundation as they grow and evolve, allowing them to find new ways to serve their clients, schools and communities.
Reporting directly to the President, the Chief Financial Officer will serve as the financial visionary and strategic expert with responsibility for planning, organizing, and directing all financial practices for Sarah Reed. This individual will provide a financial roadmap for the organization that balances risks and the associated opportunities, while developing sophisticated financial models, metrics, etc.
This integral role is best suited for a candidate with deep experience with nonprofit finance, as well as a background within health and human service, who is comfortable presenting ideas, reports, budgets and outcomes, skilled at building consensus internally among leadership, with the ability to express the best strategic options available.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of providing mature and balanced oversight of the company’s financial operations as a key member of the executive team, while integrating and soliciting input regularly from others. Candidates must have a BS in Accounting or related field, with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a senior financial management role. CPA and/or MBA is a plus! Strong Excel skills, and excellent communication skills are a must.
Sarah Reed offers an attractive base salary and a full benefits package. To apply confidentially, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) has total oversight of the financial reporting and internal accounting controls of Sarah Reed. The CFO plans, organizes and presents all quarterly and monthly financial reports working closely with the President. The CFO is a business partner with all members of management, providing leadership and financial analysis in all financial matters. The CFO oversees all finance department responsibilities and duties, evaluates workflow and finance personnel.
• Responsible for all financial data and consolidation of financials for quarterly and monthly meetings with management team and the board of directors
• Responsible for all external financial audits of consolidated operations and benefit plans
• Works collaboratively with 3rd party accounting firm to prepare and present annual audit report to board of director during annual meeting
• Analyze operational issues impacting functional groups and the whole organization, and determine their financial impact
• Research, analyze and complete various strategic projects and action items; interact with management team, investment managers, attorneys, tax partners, and investment bankers on confidential projects
• Be a strategic member of the Executive Team and act as a business partner providing financial support and analysis to improve upon or create new methods or services to benefit the organization
• Build and maintain relationships with external stakeholders to closely monitor the agency’s major expenditures and sources of revenue
• Develop annual financial plan and budget
• Ensure timely and efficient preparation of annual audited financial statements, 990 tax returns, and relevant Federal filings
• The ability to manage 5-10 employees in an office setting
• Manage third party relationships with insurance, banking, and benefit brokers
• Provide leadership and oversight of the finance department operations: Payroll, A/P, Billing, Cash Application and Financial Reporting
Compensation and Benefits
• Partner with Human Resources in creating, modifying and maintaining compensation plans that drive and reward desired performance
• Work closely with benefit brokers and internal financial support team to complete annual benefit plan filings for 401(k), medical insurance, disability and life insurance
Facilities and Operations
• Oversight of facility planning and operations
• Actively participate in all internal planning, regarding any proposed program expansion, to ensure physical resources match projected needs
• Collaborate with Facilities Director to address environmental and safety issues
*Sarah Reed is an equal opportunity employer.
Salary range: $90,000-$115,000
Tentative start: As soon as available
Preferred application method: email email@example.com
About Sarah A. Reed:
At Sarah A. Reed Children's Center, our employees are our most valuable asset. We are committed to retaining our best employees to ensure consistent quality of care for our clients. After six months of consecutive employment, employees are welcome to apply for open positions within the agency for transfer or promotion. In addition to our on-going agency training, we offer tuition assistance 3 times per year to encourage employees to pursue their career goals with us. We offer opportunities to lead, supervise and manage for those who desire more responsibility. We are a growing agency that is continuing to add new job titles and offer new advancement opportunities. There is room to grow for those who have a strong work ethic, a high level of communication skills, leadership abilities, knowledge in their field and a passion for making a difference in the lives of children and their families.