Center Team Member
Center Team Member with Mental Health Association of NW PA
The Associate I Center Team Member is a full-time Senior Team staff that has direct contact with consumer center members. Team members are responsible for following procedures determined by the Center Team staff regarding the day to day operations of the Consumer Center. Team members must be able to function as a team. Center Team members act as a support and resource to consumer members. The Associate I Team Member has a working knowledge of all consumer center operations and procedures, and has the ability to take on specific project responsibilities as assigned. In the absence of the Team Leader or Assistant Team Leader, the Associate I Team member assumes leadership for the team members on duty. All Team Members must have a valid driver’s license and be able to drive a 15 passenger van.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Assist Consumer Center members in feeling welcome and encourage participation
in groups and activities.
2. Safely operate a 15 passenger van, be insurable under MHA insurance, and maintain
order and enforce van rules.
3. Respond to consumers in distress in a supportive and respectful manner.
4. In conjunction with co-workers, maintain a safe, peaceful environment.
5. Monitor all physical environments for safety of members, while protecting our
6. Monitor all functions of the kitchen. If there are problems, inform the team leader
and/or the assistant team leader.
7. Monitor the check-in process to help ensure all who enter are members in good
standing and have had their current member ID badge scanned.
8. Mentor new Center Team members.
9. Maintain and update the Consumer Center Daily Announcement binder.
10. Complete assigned paper work. i.e.…membership forms, incident reports,
11. Recognize and manage crisis situations.
12. Talk, listen, advocate for, and refer members as needed.
13. Assist consumers to develop skills necessary to fulfill volunteer roles.
14. Facilitate groups as assigned, assist in design and implementation of new groups.
15. Project a positive image in or outside of the MHA.
16. Provide role model for successful interaction skills, (assertiveness, conflict resolution,
17. Monitor and assist café operations and café volunteers.
18. Act in a leadership role in the absence of Team Leader or Assistant Team Leader.
19. Create, maintain, and update written work flow of each Consumer Center function.
20. Other duties as assigned
1. Act 33/34 Clearance, Act 151 Clearance
2. Have a valid PA drivers license
3. Knowledge of the Mission, Vision and Values of MHA
4. Ability to follow policies and procedures of the MHA
5. Ability to meet schedules, plan, take direction.
6. Have flexibility in availability for work including weekends, and holidays
7. Knowledge of crises intervention techniques
8. Knowledge of internal resources as well as Mental Health resources in the community
9. Subscribe to ethical standards of confidentiality
10. Ability to be a team player
The Physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by staff to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the staff is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, (hearing aid permitted). Specific vision abilities required by the job include peripheral and distance vision. Staff is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and use legs to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those a staff encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. Staff is occasionally exposed to outside weather. Noise level is usually moderate.
Salary: $11.61 an hour
Please email Mary Sackett at email@example.com to apply!
MHA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND PROHIBITS HIRING DISCRIMINATION ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGIOUS CREED, DISABILITY, ANCESTRY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE OR SEX. EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES SHALL BE PROVIDED FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES AND REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS SHALL BE MADE TO MEET THE PHYSICAL OR MENTAL HEALTH LIMITATIONS OF QUALIFIED APPLICANTS OR EMPLOYEES.
THE MHA OFFERS A COMPETITIVE BENEFIT PACKAGE THAT INCLUDES PAID TIME OFF, HEALTH, VISION, AND DENTAL INSURANCE, LIFE & DISABILITY INSURANCE, AND A RETIREMENT SAVINGS PLAN.