Caseworker, Adult Protective Services
Full-Time Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm (7.5 hours daily)
GECAC is the largest anti-poverty organization in Erie County, PA. With a budget of approximately $12 million and more than 110 staff, we help people and change lives on a daily basis. GECAC helps people throughout Erie County break the cycle of poverty, be self-sufficient and achieve financial independence. We're looking for great people with a Caseworker background in crisis intervention who share our passion and want to be part of our team! This full-time Caseworker position performs a variety of crisis intervention duties requiring moderate exercise of initiative and judgment.
AS OUR PERFECT MATCH, YOU:
- Will be able to follow established standard procedures in the following areas:
- Taking reports for crisis intervention.
- Providing direct services to clients who are at risk or in an emergency situation.
- Periodically reassessing care plans.
- Providing general counseling; and making referrals.
- Ability to speak or read languages other than English, especially Spanish or Russian, is desirable.
- Good outreach skills and knowledge of community resources and funding source regulations needed.
YOUR HISTORY LIKELY SHOWS:
- Bachelor’s degree in sociology, social work/social welfare, psychology, gerontology, criminal justice or other of the behavioral sciences; and 1-2 years of aging casework experience; with crisis services or law enforcement experience preferred.
- Experience in investigation resolution of problems in a crisis situation for resolution.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and Microsoft Teams. The ability to operate a computer in a Windows 10 environment is essential. Familiarity with Zoom, PDF editing software, as well as experience effectively working remotely are desired.
- Enough knowledge to successfully complete the technical skills of the position.
Budgeted range $20.05 per hour starting or higher, depending on prior experience.
Act 33, 34, & FBI clearances issued within the past 5 years is a requirement before hiring and must meet Immigration Law Requirements. Must have a valid PA driver’s license w/ full-time access to private automobile & auto insurance as required by the Agency.
Pay Range: $20.05
Benefit Package including 403(b) Plan (company match), Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, AFLAC and Short and Long Term Disability. Paid Holidays, Vacation, Personal & Sick time. We understand that there is more to life than work.