The Assistant Teacher is responsible for assisting the Lead Teacher in instructing children in activities designed to promote social, physical, and intellectual growth and help provide an environment where children can have the opportunity to develop the cognitive, social, emotional, and physical skills necessary for success in their educational future.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Work cooperatively with the Lead Teacher, who will provide instruction and direction regarding educational lessons and activities for the students.
• Assist the Lead Teacher with managing day-to-day classroom activities, including structured lessons, free play, bathroom breaks, lunchtime, etc. for the students.
• Supervise children in the classroom at all times.
• Actively engage children in activities that encourage learning.
• Clean classroom equipment, including tables, chairs, diapering area, and other necessary areas according to required regulations.
• Support the mission of Child Development Centers, Inc. through engaging in positive communication with parents, families, and community members.
• Gain knowledge of DHs regulations and CDC accreditations.
• Use developmentally appropriate language. Respond to children in a positive tone.
• Take instruction from directors and mentors in a positive manner.
• Assist with custodial and food service duties, as necessary
• Adhere to the CDC Personnel Policies at all times.
• Maintain student and family confidentiality, as per CDC Personnel Policies.
• Perform all other job-related duties as assigned and required
• Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education (or) Child Development Associate Certification (CDA) preferred; Candidates not holding CDA Credential must obtain certification within 2 years.
• Minimum two years of experience working directly with children
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
• Must possess excellent organizational and time management skills
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time throughout the day with intermittent periods of sitting, walking, and occasional bending.
• Frequent to occasional lifting of children and/or objects up to 50 pounds.
• Dexterity requirements range from coordinated movements of fingers and hands to simple movements of feet, legs, and torso as necessary to carry out job duties.
Salary Range: $ 15 per hour
Please apply at www.cdcenters.org.