Administrative Assistant to Accounting and Media Communications
Administrative Assistant to Accounting and Media Communications with Crime Victim Center of Erie County, Inc.
SUMMARY: Responsible for assisting with payroll, accounts payable/receivable, financial reports, client statistical data, grant and financial information compliance as well as communication projects including, but not limited to, newsletters, social media, and annual report. All essential functions are to be completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Prepare and maintain payroll and payroll journal entries for Erie Dawn.
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of accounts payable/receivable and monthly journal entries for Erie Dawn.
- Prepare monthly and yearly financial statements for Erie Dawn.
- Assist with reconciliation of monthly bank statements for Erie Dawn.
- Participate in conferences, in-services, training seminars, team and staff meetings for Crime Victim Center (CVC) and Erie Dawn.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, clients, other agencies, and the general public.
- Send letters and other communications on behalf of Director, Accounting Administrator and Marketing and Development Coordinator as designated.
- Aid with filing of Personnel items and general filing of HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL information and working with Board of Directors for CVC and Erie Dawn as well as sending materials and requested information for Board meetings, and updating manuals.
- Serve as financial compliance officer for grants for Erie Dawn. Will Also aid in this task with CVC if/when needed.
- On an annual basis, aid in implementation of the Agency’s communications with the guidance of the Marketing and Development Coordinator, including projects and programs consistent with the Agency-wide marketing plan.
- Provide communication services on behalf of both Agencies, including web site design, marketing research and planning, Annual Report, three Newsletters annually, and collateral materials design.
- Prepare communications project proposals and determine project pricing.
- Manage and complete multiple engagements with an emphasis on quality standards and timely completion. Ensure that projects and engagements are completed and delivered in accordance with professional and Agency standards. Keep the partners informed of all important developments. Follow-up with Marketing and Development Coordinator to ensure that projects are completed within objectives, scope, and budget. Meet with Marketing and Development Coordinator regarding grant activity. Will also meet with Director of Court Advocacy, Director of Clinical Services, and Director of Prevention Education, if needed, to discuss any CVC grant(s).
- Assist Marketing and Development Coordinator in identifying outreach, speaking and presentation opportunities throughout Erie County to increase public awareness of Erie Dawn. Will aid in these services for CVC if/when needed
- Aid in coordinating the public relations efforts of both agencies as directed by the Marketing and Development Coordinator.
- Ensure all provided services are accurately documented and submitted for ETO tracking in a timely manner.
- Submit ChildLine reports per state regulations and agency protocol.
- React productively to change and handle other duties as assigned.
- Flexibility in work hours.
- Able to drive and travel. Provide copy of valid driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance ($100,000/$300,000 minimal coverage) upon hire and at renewal.
- Able to lift/carry/move 50 lbs. safely and easily.
- Act 33, Act 34, and FBI fingerprint clearances.
- Successfully complete victimization training designed to fulfill the requirements of the Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency and of counselor sexual assault training as outlined in Statute 42 PA CSA 5945.1 “Confidential Communication to Sexual Assault Counselors.”
- Be able to use agency computer system and technology.
- Minimum four-year degree in accounting, marketing or related field and one year full time experience or three year’s varied accounting/marketing work.
- Demonstrate use of computers with word processing, spreadsheet, desktop publishing, database, internet reference service applications, and social media applications.
- Demonstrate communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively interface with all levels of management, staff, clients, and outside business contacts.
- Project management.
- Flexible, able to tolerate many situations and personalities.
- Able to withstand emotional stress.
- Able to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries and complaints.
- Able to keep confidential information including, but not limited to, agency budgets, meetings and employee salaries and Board information and content.
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret statistical program instructions, memos, letters.
- Able to write technical and business reports and other correspondence.
- Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written or oral form and solve problems.
- Able to effectively present information one-on-one and small group situations to clients, customers, and other employees.
- Able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Able to organize personal area and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Possess auditory acuity to listen to people over the telephone and in person.
- Possess visual acuity to read computer screen, correspondence, notes, reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. It is the responsibility of the candidate to inform the Executive Director of any and all reasonable accommodations that will be required.
Job Type: Full-time
Benefits: paid vacation and sick time; 401(k) plan; medical, vision, and dental insurance; long term disability, short term disability, and life insurance; AFLAC.
Application deadline: 8/1/2020
Please send your resumes to Tamara.Veretnova@cvcerie.org