INTERNSHIP JOB DESCRIPTION
To help individuals, children and families facing the challenges of mental illness through educational programming, marketing and community awareness events.
Responsible to the Executive Director reports directly to the Executive Assistant and Communications Coordinator.
- Displays concern for persons with mental illness and respects client confidentiality.
- Coordinates the preparation of the Family-to-Family and Peer-to-Peer educational programs.
- Promotes mental health awareness at health fairs and community presentations.
- Assists with the coordination of various events and fundraisers.
- Represents NAMI at professional meetings, as needed.
- Contributes articles for the agency’s monthly newsletter.
- Assists with NAMI’s fundraising events.
- Markets the agency’s programs and services to the community.
- Provides support for grant-writing activities.
- Prepares membership and donor letters for mailing.
- Utilizes oral and written communication skills by attending various community events.
- All other tasks assigned by the Executive Director, Executive Assistant and Communications Coordinator.
*Please note that due to the nature of our peer-based programming and services, NAMI of Erie County cannot offer internship experiences that include direct client services. Examples of these services include, but are not limited to, therapy, counseling, case management, and medical management.
For more information, visit, www.namierie.org.
Please submit a cover letter and credentials via email to:
Denise L. Kolivoski, MBA
NAMI of Erie County
1611 Peach Street, Suite 218
Erie, PA 16501
Application deadline: May 16
Tentative start date: June 7