Vice President, Philanthropic Services
For over 80 years, the Erie Community Foundation has strengthened communities by responding to community needs, and acting as a convenor, collaborator, and leader to deepen impact on regional progress. In fulfilling its mission to inspire, engage and empower donors and communities across the region, the Erie Community Foundation cultivates relationships with donors and people throughout the region. As the steward of over 800 endowments for individuals and organizations in Erie, Corry, North East, Union City, Pennsylvania and Findley Lake, NY, the Erie Community Foundation strives to promote a united, vibrant, and thriving region for all, both today and long into the future.
The Erie Community Foundation seeks a Vice President of Philanthropic Services to lead ECF’s efforts to cultivate and encourage an inclusive, collaborative approach to philanthropy. This is achieved through strong partnerships with donors, professional advisors, regional affiliate communities and nonprofit organizations. Reporting to the President & CEO, the Vice President is responsible for creating the strategy to achieve organizational and departmental objectives, while promoting a positive and productive team environment. The Vice President represents ECF visibly and actively in the community.
Donor Development, Engagement and Stewardship
- Together with other ECF leadership, develops annual donor engagement strategy aligned with ECF strategic goals.
- Identifies, cultivates, and maintains relationships with key donors.
- Leads efforts to introduce prospective donors to ECF’s work and fully engage them through the creation of charitable funds.
- Guides donors and professional advisors through effective and impactful planned giving strategies and philanthropic estate plans.
- Actively assists Philanthropic Services Officer to create, grow and maximize impact of ECF Affinity Funds.
- Engages professional advisors (i.e., attorneys, accountants, and financial advisors) in ECF’s mission through the Professional Advisory Council, partnership, and other activities with a goal to increase referrals for fund establishment and charitable estate planning.
- Cultivates and maintains strong referral relationships.
Regional Affiliate Foundations
- Leads efforts to integrate ECF best practices into the work of regional affiliates serving Corry, Union City, North East and Findley Lake, NY.
- Leads asset growth and fund development in each region.
- Participates as a member of ECF’s leadership team to develop, inform and implement ECF’s strategic and organizational objectives.
- Leads Philanthropic Services team in meeting and surpassing strategic, departmental, and organizational objectives.
- Creates and promotes supportive, growth-oriented culture where team members have the opportunity to learn, collaborate and build skills.
- Adaptive leader with demonstrated ability to motivate and inspire.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain relationships with donors, community leaders and partners.
- Exceptional written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Accomplished public speaker and presenter.
- Possess a high level of professionalism, integrity, and trustworthiness.
- Demonstrated collaborative leadership experience, the ability to lead teams in accomplishing individual and shared goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- Additional relevant credentials preferred but not required.
- Minimum five years of experience in successfully cultivating, stewarding and/or advising donors/clients on major gifts.
Salary Range: $107,000 - $130,000
The Erie Community Foundation offers a comprehensive and competitive compensation and benefits package.
**Application Deadline is Friday, December 29, 2023**
Interested and qualified candidates, please email a cover letter and resume to: Abigail Lechner at email@example.com
The Erie Community Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.