Vice President of Strategic Advancement
Vice President of Strategic Advancement with Erie Catholic School System
ERIE CATHOLIC SCHOOL SYSTEM
JOB TITLE: VICE PRESIDENT OF STRATEGIC ADVANCEMENT
REPORTS TO: PRESIDENT, ERIE CATHOLIC SCHOOL SYSTEM
POSITION STATUS: FT AND EXEMPT
The individual in this position is responsible for leading advancement activities for the Erie Catholic School System and supervising school-based advancement staff.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 4+ years relevant experience in development, including annual appeals; familiarity with faith-based or education sector preferred
• Supervisory experience
• Excellent organization and communication skills
• Understanding of database management, gift processing, and donor relations practices
• Excellent analytical and fundraising skills
• Ability to manage and work with teams to develop strategy and coordinate messaging
• Must be willing to support the mission of Catholic education.
• Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Trustworthy, personable and professional
• Works well in in an environment of change
• Self-directed and collaborative
• Experience in the use of Microsoft Office, photo editing software/apps, content management and social media platforms to support objectives and other modern technologies
• Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Practicing Catholic
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with school system and diocesan leadership on a strategic advancement plan
• Lead a collaborative advancement team for ECSS; set formal performance goals and evaluate performance against goals.
• Assist in creating and maintaining strong donor and alumni databases and developing appropriate donation acknowledgement communications
• Identify and apply for appropriate grant opportunities.
• Contribute to the development of fundraising policies and procedures to implement best practices; ensure ECSS compliance with legal reporting requirements and diocesan fundraising policies
• Coordinate the development of advancement collateral and appeal materials; contribute advancement perspective to the ECSS communication plan/activities
• Perform website maintenance to further advancement goals
• Document and report on the progress and results of appeals
• Coordinate EITC efforts for ECSS, collaborating with diocesan offices and STAR Foundation
• Develop a signature ECSS fundraising special event
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Performance Factors/Job Competencies:
• Must be able to exercise discretion
• Must be able to uphold the AFP Donor Bill of Rights and Code of Ethical Standards
• Must have verbal skills to communicate effectively with the public.
• Must have auditory acuity to listen to other people on telephone and in person.
• Must be able to work effectively in a collaborative team and fast paced environment.
• Must be flexible and able to tolerate many situations and personalities.
• Must be able to organize and maintain data
• Must adapt to new and emerging technologies
• Prioritize and efficiently complete tasks with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrate adherence to the highest moral standards at all times.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. Incumbent must be able to sit at desk for extended periods of time. This role routinely uses standard office equipment with a vast majority of the time utilizing computers to complete daily tasks.
Physical Demands: (% of time)
Standing: Occasionally (<20%)
Sitting: Frequently (<60%)
Lifting: 0-20lbs. Occasionally (<20%); 20-50 lbs. Occasionally (<20%); Over 50 lbs. Rarely (<10%)
Travel: Rarely (<10%)
Pushing/Pulling: Occasionally (<20%)
Manual Keying/Data Entry: Often (30-60%)
Property and Confidentiality Requirements:
All property, including intellectual property, materials, equipment or actual products and services developed or accrued as part of the job duties and responsibilities listed above is the property of the Erie Catholic School System. It may not be used for personal profit or gain and will be relinquished to ECSS upon termination of employment from ECSS. In addition, the person employed in this position shall maintain confidentiality with regard to the personal and private information about students, families, faculty, co-workers, administrators, programs and services, and any other proprietary information accrued as a result of ECSS employment or as required by applicable state or federal laws and regulations.
Note: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Submit applications to:
Or mail to:
Dr. Ann Marie Lathan, Director of Human Resources
Erie Catholic School System
1531 East Grandview Blvd.
Erie, PA 16510
The Erie Catholic School System is a dynamic educational organization dedicated to the development of the whole child, the teaching of the Catholic faith with a focus on Jesus Christ and the integration of faith with daily living. The Vice President of Advancement is committed to working with a network of alumni and community members while supervising the school-based advancement staff of the Catholic schools. They will work collaboratively to advance the mission of providing a challenging, academically superior, faith-based education in an environment that promotes Catholic values and nurtures Faith Formation. ECSS's goal is to develop students who will improve the communities in which they live through a close relationship with Jesus Christ and the ability to use their potential to the fullest.