Part-time Social Worker
General Description: To coordinate and oversee evening programming for Mercy Hilltop Center with primary duties including developing and leading discussions regarding social issues with individuals and groups.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plan, execute, and engage in discussions related to the Sisters of Mercy’s Critical Concerns of Anti-Racism, Earth, Immigration, Non-Violence, and Women
• Establish clear boundaries and connect members with professional resources (such as individual counseling, support groups) as needed
• Offer members basic support and assistance with technology and their personal devices
• Greet and check clients in for the programs they are attending
• Answer and address questions, concerns, suggestions from members; communicate concerns with staff
• Develop and maintain tracking system for engagements and topics addressed
• Set-Up/Tear Down rooms for activities and events
• Close and secure Center for the day
• MSW preferred, or BSW from an accredited institution with a minimum of one year of experience in social service, senior services
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Experience with Seniors required
• Experience with, or exposure to, addressing needs identified through the critical concerns of Anti-Racism, Earth, Immigration, Non-Violence, and Women
o These issues include, but are not limited to, age, gender, economics status, race/nationality, and the effects of abuse or violence, in effort to promote healing of personal and communal wounds
• Deep commitment to improving the lives of seniors with an emphasis on the spirit of Mercy, focusing on the dignity of all people
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Technology skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office, Apps, Streaming services, on-line portals, tablets, and smartphones
• Work cooperatively in a fast-paced environment that values collaboration, friendliness, and service
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills, multi-tasking ability and sound judgment
• Easily adaptable to changing circumstances
• Works well under pressure
• Must possess excellent time management skills
$22 - $25 per hour
July 5, 2022
Please e-mail Dina at email@example.com to apply.
Mercy Hilltop offers a fun and comfortable work environment, with the opportunity to interact with wonderful older adults in the area.
Hours: Tuesdays & Thursdays 3:30pm to 7:30 pm
This is a one year, grant funded position.