Part-Time Guest Services Associate
Part-Time Guest Services Associate with Hagen History Center
POSITION: Part-Time Guest Services Associate
Hagen History Center, 356 West 6th Street, Erie PA 16507
POSITION PURPOSE: This position is responsible for greeting callers and guests to the Hagen History Center with an enthusiastic and upbeat attitude and providing information on programs, events, general information, etc.; sell admission/event tickets, gift shop items and memberships; become more than familiar and comfortable with all exhibits, buildings, and history; assure timely, courteous and helpful service of the highest quality to all guests at all times.
• Act as a source of information for guests and callers, having knowledge of all current and upcoming exhibitions, events, programs and services.
• Sell admission tickets using a sophisticated point-of-sale system; tender change; up-sell visitors to membership program when applicable.
• Assist in Gift Shop as a retail sales representative when appropriate and/or assigned.
• Assist with the processing and coordination of group arrivals by issuing tickets, assisting with disembarking from buses, collection of lunches and coats and issuance of orientation/directions.
• Willingness to become knowledgeable of history, buildings and exhibits in order to perform guided tours.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Knowledge and understanding of guest service principles and standards.
• Ability to exercise excellent customer service, teamwork, and highly diverse public service skills.
• Excellent computer skills; proficient with Microsoft Office Suite as well as basic office equipment.
• Detail oriented, with the ability to manage multiple tasks at one time.
• Ability to provide information in a clear and concise manner.
• Ability to handle cash and make appropriate change.
Physical Movement – Stooping, Bending, Kneeling, and Crouching In order to reach & pick up items
Standing – Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time
Strength – Ability to lift & carry items weighing up to 30 pounds
Wrist & Visual Stamina – Ability to type and focus on a computer screen for prolonged periods of time
MINIMUM: High school diploma or GED, 2 or more years cashiering experience in a fast-paced admission-related environment (i.e. museum, entertainment, theme park, movie theater) preferred. Flexibility to work an adjusted work schedule which will include weekends and occasional evenings and holidays.
Please email Cover Letter and Resume to Sara Little, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Salary range: $9 - $11 per hour
Application deadline: July 9, 2021
Preferred method of application: please email Sara Little @ email@example.com.