Erie Bird Observatory (EBO) is a regional bird research and conservation nonprofit based in Erie, Pennsylvania, founded in 2018. Our mission is to foster enthusiasm for birds and conservation through avian research and public engagement. EBO seeks a hard-working Outreach Coordinator to further its mission to engage people with nature and conservation through birds. The successful applicant has strong interpersonal and organizational skills. They will work closely with the Executive Director to implement Bird Safe Erie, as well as to promote and coordinate public offerings such as bird walks and other events. The main components of Bird Safe Erie are to coordinate volunteers to monitor selected buildings in Erie during spring and fall migration for bird casualties, and to promote mitigation measures to reduce collisions. This is a newly created salaried position. Currently EBO has funding secured through October 2023, and we are seeking additional funding to continue the position. Some evening and weekend hours needed for events.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
• Coordinate and promote EBO programs, projects and events to area residents, visitors, and potential volunteers.
• Increase participation and support for the organization through outreach efforts.
• Ensure Bird Safe Erie grant deliverables are met.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum associate or bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; comfortable with a range of audiences.
• Demonstrated leadership skills; ability to recruit and motivate volunteers.
• Able to work well both independently and as a member of a team.
• Attention to detail; well organized.
• Comfortable with technology; experience with or ability to learn software such as G Suite, Office, Canva, websites.
• Ability to identify eastern North American birds
• Understand conservation issues facing migratory birds
• Environmental education training or experience
• Experience with donor management software, QuickBooks
Salary Range: $33,000 - $36,000 annually
Application Deadline: February 15, 2023
Applicants should submit a cover letter, a resume, and contact information for three references (include phone and email) in one document to firstname.lastname@example.org