The Erie Philharmonic seeks an energetic and personable individual to join our Box Office team. Candidates should possess excellent customer service skills and be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-faceted work environment. The Office Assistant handles incoming phone calls, responds to patron inquiries about upcoming performances, processes ticket, subscription, and merchandise sales, and acts as an official representative of the Erie Philharmonic. Additionally, this role will aid various departments within the Erie Philharmonic as needed.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist with answering box office phones on a daily basis in a personable and positive manner
• Assist with in-person box office sales
• Seasonal assistance with subscription sales and renewals as necessary
• Help maintain a clean and accurate database
• Assist in mailing tickets in a timely manner
• Assist with donation entry and mailing of acknowledgement letters
• Assist with keeping an organized office environment
• Ensure rooms are ready for meetings
• Organize concert and event materials for upcoming performances
• Keep track of and order office supplies as needed
• Assist with internal mailings and prepare print materials
• Help schedule volunteers and assist them while they are in office
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum of two years of relevant customer service experience
• High level of fluency in Microsoft Office
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to manage several tasks simultaneously, including answering box office phone calls
• Team-oriented, collaborative work style with strong communication skills
• Interest in the local arts community preferred
• The Erie Philharmonic requires all individuals to provide proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to a job offering. To be considered fully vaccinated, as defined by the CDC: that an individual must have received all recommended doses in their primary series COVID-19 vaccine (Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson), and a booster dose when eligible. Ineligible individuals who are in between the final dose of the primary vaccine and the booster dose shall have 30 days following the date they are eligible to provide proof that their vaccination is up to date.
WHAT THE ERIE PHILHARMONIC OFFERS
• A fun, vibrant and casual workplace with an intense dedication to creating the best possible artistic product
• 40 hours per week, $15.00-$17.30 per hour (estimated $31,200 -$35,984 annually)
• Provide a benefits package including vacation, sick days, health/dental/vision insurance
• A culture that is supportive, transparent, experimental, and accountable
• Fridays off between July 4 and Labor Day, unless otherwise required due to job duties
Salary Range: $31,200-$35,984
Application Deadline: October 14, 2022
Please e-mail Steve Weiser at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Between world-class concert experiences and life-changing educational programming, the Erie Philharmonic reaches tens of thousands of people of all ages each year with the positive power of music.
This position is on the front lines of patron communications and sales in our downtown office located at 23 West 10th Street. With such a small team, each day is different, and is full of laughter, hard work and lots of fun. We'd love to have you join us today!