Nature Camp Counselor
Title of the position: Nature Camp Counselor
Location: Asbury Woods, Erie, PA
Application Deadline: Open, until position is filled
Position overview: Asbury Woods Partnership, Inc., is seeking individuals interested in full-time/seasonal positions as Nature Camp Counselors. Individuals must be engaging and creative and enjoy working with children in an outdoor setting. Nature Camp Counselors lead a variety of nature-based exploration activities, games, hikes, science experiments, with the goal of creating fun experiences for campers that motivate them to explore nature. Asbury Woods provides weeklong day camp programs for children ages 4 -14. This work schedule for this position is Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM.
Application Process: To apply please email a cover letter and resume and contact information for 3 references to Kelley Lang at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only submissions received electronically will be considered.
Terms of Employment:
Seasonal position/full time (40 hrs/wk)
Start date: May 23, 2019
End date: August 21 2019
- Individuals who are working towards or have obtained a Bachelor’s degree in biology, environmental science, education, special education or related field.
- Experience working with children ages 4-14 in a formal classroom setting or informal setting including day camps, youth programs, sports, etc.
- Background or strong interest in science, nature, or outdoor recreation.
- Must complete a first aid, CPR and anaphylaxis and epinephrine auto-injector trainings.
- State and federal background checks are required for this position.
Reports to: Director of Education and Community Programs
- Develop and implement age appropriate day camp programs for children ages 4-14, including planning, preparing materials, leading activities.
- Be responsible for up to 14 day campers including maintaining a safe and positive learning environment, maintaining attendance records, and communicating with parents daily.
- Maintain supplies needed for day camp programs.
- Maintain cleanliness and of classroom spaces and equipment used by campers.
- Work with a high-school aged camp assistant assigned to them.
- Work with volunteers, seasonal staff, and college work-study staff in presenting day camp programs.