Development Director with Second Harvest Food Bank of NW PA
The Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest Pennsylvania (SHFB) is seeking a Development Director to develop and execute long-range fund development plans to ensure continued growth in giving for the organization.
This position will be responsible for planning, implementing, and directing all aspects of raising funds and public awareness for the organization. This will be done individually or through a team of professionals. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to Direct Mail Programs, Special Events, Grant Proposals, Media & Marketing, Communications/Public Relations and Social Media.
The Development Director will also be directly responsible for a planned giving program, and major gift giving including prospect research and relationship building. This portfolio includes approximately 60-80 donors.
- A bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university. CFRE and advanced degree are highly desirable
- Minimum of six years of experience in a development role for a non-profit organization with at least three years in a management capacity
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage, motivate and mentor a team of fundraisers of varying experience
- Demonstrated ability to raise large gifts from individuals and organizations
- Fluent and experienced in the role of data/donor analytics and analysis to drive donor engagement
- Demonstrated knowledge of marketing and public relations to support fundraising efforts
- Experience in researching and writing grants. Demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively
- Strong research, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal communication ability and interpersonal skills. Must be able to speak in public
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required
Salary Range: $54,000 - $66,000
Application Deadline: June 15, 2021
Tentative Start Date: July 1, 2021
Preferred Application Method: Email Karen Seggi at firstname.lastname@example.org
Through the compassion and commitment of our supports, staff, partners and volunteers, the Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest Pennsylvania (SHFB) takes a bold, innovative and multi-pronged approach to achieve our mission of eliminating hunger while educating the community of the realities of hunger. SHFB is the largest hunger-relief organization in northwest Pennsylvania. We are committed to increasing access to food while supporting healthy lives and healthy communities. The applicant should enjoy working in a fast-paced, evolving environment, and demonstrate the ability to embrace Second Harvest’s commitment to treat all people with equity and respect in pursuit of our mission. The SHFB team will live our values of Collaboration, Accountability, Respect , Excellence and Social Justice.