Development Coordinator with National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) of Erie County
The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) of Erie County has been providing mental health education to the community for over 35 years. The agency is in search of a Development Coordinator that utilizes their fundraising, event planning, marketing and communications talents to the benefit of the agency’s mission.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or a related field.
Experience: A minimum of two-to-three years of work experience in the area of fundraising, marketing, communications or a related field. Salary based on experience.
- Displays concern for persons with mental illness and respects client confidentiality.
- Schedules, coordinates and organizes fundraising and program events such as The Fabulous Golf Outing, Family-to-Family program, NAMI Basics, NAMI Homefront, etc. from beginning to completion.
- Leads the identification, cultivation and stewardship of NAMI donors.
- Maintains a portfolio of donors with the goal of growing donor investment in NAMI.
- Identifies appropriate giving levels for individual donors and leads the solicitation process.
- Conducts Mental Health First Aid Training for the community.
- Assists with marketing, fundraising, public relations, and development projects.
- Possesses the ability to network with volunteers, social service groups and donors.
- Provides representation to various social service committees in the community.
- Updates organizational CRM software and assists with maintenance
- All other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to produce internal documents, presentations, press releases, collateral materials and social media.
- Demonstrated abilities in event planning, communications and project management.
- Demonstrated consultative approach with ability to quickly analyze situations, identify and troubleshoot problems, recommend solutions and use good judgment in making decisions.
- Work is performed in a busy office setting. This position requires the ability to work flexible hours and some evenings and/or weekends in conjunction with special events, promotions and media relations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task various projects and deadlines.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Electronic submissions including a letter of application, resume, and provide the names and contact information for three references sent to: NAMI of Erie County, 1611 Peach Street, Suite 218, Erie, PA 16501 via email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
NAMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity. Women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. NAMI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.