Community Development Director
About Impact Corry:
With a fresh reorganization in early 2019, a refined mission, and secured funding, Impact Corry is the preeminent civic organization in Corry, Pennsylvania. Community Development is the process whereby community members come together to take collective action and generate solutions to common problems. One of Corry’s greatest strengths has always been our established, broad-based network of community service organizations and the dedication of their individual members and leaders. As one example, our self-funded economic development organizations, with assets in excess of $20 million, have built one of the largest per capita revolving-loan funds in the state.
Our current challenge is to better orchestrate, in a master-planning sense, the otherwise disparate actions of the many organizations. After reorganizing, Impact Corry is now comprised of representatives of the key service organizations, business and industry, and elected officials. Impact Corry was established to enable better vision and communication across the organizations and to create the platform for better cross-organization coordination and cooperation. It is imperative that the community keep its most committed and capable individuals at the helm of this change for Corry.
This newly-established Director position reports directly to the board of Impact Corry, and represents Impact Corry’s next step in advancing Community Development, by creating mission-execution bandwidth that did not exist before. The Director will be empowered to integrate into all the organizations with the intention of promoting more synergistic coordination to deliver better outcomes for the community at large. With influence from this position, the otherwise disparate actions of the individual organizations will naturally become more harmonious and synergistic.
• Ensure the organization has a long-range strategy that is mission oriented
• Act as a catalyst for organizational change, building a shared vision with others, and translating the vision to action
• Lead in the development and implementation of program, organizational, and financial plans in conjunction with the Board of Directors
• Ensure Board of Directors have sufficient, timely, and up-to-date information
• Keep Board informed of any internal/external issues that may impact operations and results
• Engage the community and publicize and promote the activities of the organization across all media platforms
• Develop and maintain a positive organizational image and positive relations with internal and external stakeholders
• Maintain official records and documents and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations
• Research and secure applicable grants and other funding sources
• Conduct official correspondence as approved by the Board and execute legal documents with designated officers
• Demonstrate broad understanding of principles of financial management, including cost-benefit analysis and monitoring of expenditures
• Create financial analyses of development projects, understanding the combination of different funding sources and their rules and regulations
• Develop and maintain financial practices in accordance with all applicable State and Federal laws and regulations
• Assist in budget preparation and implementation
• Operate within budgetary guidelines
A Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of relevant experience are required. Ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate proficiency with proven experience in the following areas:
• Motivation and leadership for both internal and external stakeholders
• Strategic planning and program/community development
• Fund raising from a variety of sources
• Written and oral communication and associated listening skills
• Information management and computer and software applications
• Analytical skills and problem-solving abilities
We’d give strong preference to candidates with proven Community Development track records. But, we will also consider established and vested local candidates. Non-local candidates must be willing to relocate.
Effective execution in this position will not only address the immediate needs of our community, but will also lead to even greater, longer-term career opportunities for you. The nature of this position is to integrate into a variety of organizations and influence greater overall synergy. As we implement the community’s long-term executive-succession plans, there should be no better distinction than to have served ably in this prominent role.
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time, salaried position with comprehensive, employer-funded benefits including:
• Defined benefit pension plan through the Pennsylvania Municipal Retirement System
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
• Short term disability, accidental death and dismemberment, and life insurance
• 6 to 21 days of paid annual vacation leave, based on length of service
• 15 days of annual sick leave
• 2 personal leave days per year
• 13 paid holidays per year
Salary will be commensurate with experience and your established salary history. We are dedicated to pay what is necessary to attract the best-qualified candidates, with an approved range of up to $120,000 per year.
How to Apply:
Please send send cover letter and resume to HR@ImpactCorry.com