The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) of Erie County has been providing mental health education to the community for over 35 years. The agency is in search of a Communications Coordinator that utilizes their fundraising, event planning, and communications talents to the benefit of the agency’s mission.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or a related field preferred.
Two years or more of related work experience in the areas mentioned above. Public speaking experience required.
Reports directly to the Office Manager, also responsible to the Executive Director.
- Displays concern for persons with mental illness and respects client confidentiality.
- Recruits and schedules volunteers or staff to instruct educational programs.
- Organizes and schedules events, community presentations, and programming, such as NAMI’s signature Family-to-Family and Peer-to-Peer programs.
- Instructs agency signature programs, as needed.
- Organizes fundraising events including: The Fabulous Golf Outing and NAMI’s 90’s Dance Party.
- Conducts mental health presentations for businesses, schools, social service groups, and nonprofit agencies throughout Erie County.
- Coordinates the organization’s social media presence, including LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube accounts.
- Represents the agency in several taskforces, coalition, and social service groups.
- Provides resource information to potential clients and community members. Provides office assistance such as answering phones, as needed, in the office.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to produce internal documents, presentations, collateral materials, and electronic communications.
- Demonstrated consultative approach with ability to quickly analyze situations, identify and troubleshoot problems, recommend solutions, and use good judgment in making decisions.
- Work is performed in a busy office setting. This position requires the ability to work flexible hours and some evenings and/or weekends in conjunction with special events, and promotions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task various projects and deadlines.
- Capability to perform general office duties.
- All other duties assigned by the Office Manager and the Executive Director.
Salary range: $32,000 to $35,000 per year
Application deadline: 04/28/2021
Tentative start date: 05/31/2021
To apply: Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org