Case Manager, Housing
GECAC helps people throughout Erie County break the cycle of poverty, be self-sufficient and achieve financial independence. We're looking for great people with knowledge of social services, HUD/PHFA certified or willing to pursue certification who share our passion and want to be part of our team! This full-time Case Manager position performs a variety of duties requiring moderate exercise of initiative and judgment.
AS OUR PERFECT MATCH, YOU:
• Will be able to follow established standard procedures in the following areas:
o Conduct client assessments to evaluate the eligibility and needs of the individual/family.
o Provide direct case management, emergency assistance & appropriate referrals to additional support services to help clients identify and resolve issues & minimize the impact from crisis through casework & counseling.
o HUD certified, or willing to pursue certification.
o Travel for trainings and attend other professional development opportunities.
o Keep accurate and up-to-date records including detailed case notes.
o Directly provide clients with energy education, budget counseling and other assigned services as may be required by client needs and/or program requirements.
o Conduct follow-up with applicants to evaluate success of referral process.
o Verify supporting documentation for determining eligibility and negotiates with vendor/landlord as appropriate.
o Work independently and willing to work a flexible schedule.
YOUR HISTORY LIKELY SHOWS:
• Knowledge of social services in the community.
• Bachelor’s Degree or four (4) years related work experience.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and Microsoft Teams. The ability to operate a computer in a Windows 10 environment is essential. Familiarity with Zoom, PDF editing software, as well as experience effectively working remotely are desired. Enough knowledge to successfully complete the technical skills of the position.
• Good human relations skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Hiring pay range $16.24/hr. to $19.10/hr. based on related experience. Hours are M-F 7.5 daily.
Act 33, 34, & FBI clearances issued within the past 5 years is a requirement before hiring and must be updated every 5 years. Must meet Immigration Law Requirements.
Please go to gecac.org click on CAREERS – scroll down to bottom of page and click on "APPLY TODAY" to fill out the online application.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER