Blood Center Laboratory Technical Director
Are you looking to take your career to the next level?
The Community Blood Bank of NWPA & WNY is in the business of saving lives, and that means a lot to us. We currently have an opening as the Technical Director for our laboratory. This role will have a significant impact in ensuring our blood products are compliant and safe for distribution to patients in our community who need them. You and your team members will work together toward our mission of connecting donors to patients who are in need of life-sustaining blood products in the communities we serve.
We understand that the details are important, so our team works to provide you with: A new experience in your career, potential travel to partner hospitals, vendors, and job specific events, working in a changing environment, benefits including 403B retirement, and generous PTO.
As a Technical Director you will participate in:
- Supervising technical staff. Providing technical and administrative oversight of laboratory operations
- Coordinating all technical areas of the laboratory
- Coordinating operation of CBB with customer blood banks
- Providing training and instruction for MLS and MLT students in blood banking
- Assisting in public relations with donor community.
- Baccalaureate Degree; certified Medical Laboratory Scientist
- Minimum of six (6) years’ experience in a clinical laboratory or blood center lab
- Transfusion and/or reference laboratory experience helpful
- Familiar with AABB, NYDOH, PADOH, and FDA regulations and guidelines.
Come join our team and become a lifesaver in your community.
Salary range: $60,000 to $66,000
Application deadline: April 1, 2021
Tentative start date: ASAP
To apply: http://fourhearts.org/careers/
About the CBB:
Our mission is saving lives. We do this by providing blood to our partner hospitals in the community. This is a job where you know at the end of the day what you did saved someone's life maybe even your own family member.