Assistant Teachers with Child Development Centers
Child Development Centers, Inc. is hiring! We are looking for fun and energetic Assistant Teachers to work at our Head Start centers in Erie, Pa.
The Assistant Teacher is responsible for assisting the Lead Teacher in instructing children in activities designed to promote social, physical, and intellectual growth and help provide an environment where children can have the opportunity to develop the cognitive, social, emotional, and physical skills necessary for success in their educational future.
Please fill out your application on our website here!
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work cooperatively with the Lead Teacher, who will provide instruction and direction regarding educational lessons and activities for the students.
- Assist the Lead Teacher with managing day-to-day classroom activities, including structured lessons, free play, bathroom breaks, lunchtime, etc. for the students.
- Supervise children in the classroom at all times.
- Actively engage children in activities that encourage learning.
- Clean classroom equipment, including tables, chairs, diapering area, and other necessary areas according to required regulations.
- Support the mission of Child Development Centers, Inc. through engaging in positive communication with parents, families, and community members.
- Gain knowledge of DHs regulations and CDC accreditations.
- Use developmentally appropriate language. Respond to children in a positive tone.
- Take instruction from directors and mentors in a positive manner.
- Assist with custodial and food service duties, as necessary
- Adhere to the CDC Personnel Policies at all times.
- Maintain student and family confidentiality, as per CDC Personnel Policies.
- Perform all other job-related duties as assigned and required
- Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education (or) Child Development Associate Certification (CDA) preferred; Candidates not holding CDA Credential must obtain certification within 2 years.
- Minimum two years of experience working directly with children
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Must possess excellent organizational and time management skills
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time throughout the day with intermittent periods of sitting, walking, and occasional bending.
- Frequent to occasional lifting of children and/or objects up to 50 pounds.
- Dexterity requirements range from coordinated movements of fingers and hands to simple movements of feet, legs, and torso as necessary
At Child Development Centers Inc., we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Child Development Centers Inc., believes that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Application deadline: 11/1/2021
At Child Development Centers, Inc. our mission is "Educating Children To Succeed," and we're passionate about what we do! We're committed to nurturing and teaching your child in a safe, healthy, creative setting that you can trust, and that equips your child to make a successful transition to kindergarten, elementary school and beyond.