AGENCY RELATIONS COORDINATOR
Position Summary: The Agency Relations Coordinator position provides liaison between the Second Harvest Food Bank of NW PA (SHFB) and the network of member agencies in assigned counties. This position is responsible for developing new agencies, supporting existing agencies and monitoring agency accountability.
• Acquires and maintains a full understanding of the portion of service area for which they are responsible. This includes, but not limited to:
o Gather and maintain demographic and geographic data with service area to build community capacity to provide food needs in close proximity to hunger and poverty situations.
o Establish and maintain strong connections to community organizations
o Coordinate and attend outside network meetings to develop and encourage resource building and sharing in individual communities
o Inform member agencies of available resources
• Acts as liaison between member agencies and SHFB by promptly responding to agency calls, requests for information, and complaints to ensure all questions are satisfactorily answered and all requested materials are sent.
• Provides a high level of customer service to agency network (ordering support, product issues, technical support, etc.)
• Establishes and increases new agency members throughout assigned counties and conducts pre-admission visits to sites and pre-admission interviews of new agencies.
• Implements policy and procedural changes developed for network members.
• Monitors compliance of agencies with membership policies and procedures, as well as compliance with food safety standards.
• Conducts site visits at least once every other year and maintains on-going communications with agencies.
• Coordinates and tracks data collection of all people served by member agencies.
• Plans and coordinates periodic agency education seminars/workshops.
• Responsible for Mobile Distributions in assigned service area.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or 1 to 2 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to communicate with co-workers effectively and efficiently. Ability to write reports and correspondence with strong written and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions and complaints from donors or business associates of the organization and the public.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Valid PA Driver’s License.
• Must be Food Safe and ServSafe certified or receive certification within six months of the hire date.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Willingness to work beyond working hours as necessary
• Experience and proficiency in Windows based computer software are mandatory
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work in a team atmosphere and manage a flexible schedule
• Ability to make independent decisions
• Experience with problem solving
• Knowledge of non-profit organizations and understanding of volunteer programs
• Community relations experience and knowledge of identifying community needs
• Must be willing to travel
• Must be able to occasionally lift or move up to 35 pounds
Salary Range: 37,500
Application Deadline: 06/05/2023
Please e-mail resume to KAREN SEGGI at KSEGGI@NWPAFOODBANK.ORG to apply.