Administrative Assistant with Second Harvest Food Bank of NW PA
SUMMARY: This position provides administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), front office administration and clerical support to the Development Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. This list is not all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
Office of the CEO
• Supports the administrative needs of the CEO. Proactively perform general administrative duties such as maintaining meeting calendar, ensuring materials are provided for meetings, making travel arrangements, monitoring incoming phone calls and taking accurate messages, screening appointments, developing and maintaining spreadsheets and databases, and composing correspondences.
• Attends staff, committee, and board meetings; prepares and distributes meeting agendas, compiles and distributes notes of meeting, maintains committee and board documentation and correspondence files, sends out thank you notes and follows up on detail to maximize efficient operations.
• Perform ad-hoc reporting, provide statistics, and develop executive level presentations using Microsoft Office applications. Ensures professional communications and the production of professional documentation, charts, and manuals. Creates and maintains various databases; and creates PowerPoint presentations for Board and Committee meetings and other meetings as required.
• Prepares orientation materials for Board members and new staff members.
• Maintains files for the CEO.
• Works on special projects for the CEO.
Front Office Administration
• Receives, sorts, and routes all incoming mail and company email correspondences in a timely and efficient manner.
• Maintains adequate supply of all common office supplies and manage special order requests from staff
• Responsible for monitoring supplies of all Food Bank branded materials, coordinating inventory management and ordering with appropriate staff
• Contacts vendors for repair & maintenance of all office systems to include telephone, computers, copiers, etc.
• Maintains schedule of board room and conference rooms
• Prepare for staff and departmental luncheon meetings.
• Responsible for data entry and maintenance of daily donation information in DonorPerfect. Submits reports to appropriate personnel.
• Notifies CEO and Development Director of significant donations for appropriate action.
• Prepares acknowledgement letters to donors.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
• Minimum of three years professional experience in office administration and reporting to the Chief Professional Officer or other senior level management
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• This position requires strong communication skills, attention to detail, ability to work in a team atmosphere, handle multiple priorities, manage a flexible schedule and work under general supervision.
• Advanced knowledge in MS Office specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook are mandatory
Wage: $15 per hour
Application deadline: 1/17/22
Please email Karen Seggi at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply!
Through the compassion and commitment of our supports, staff, partners and volunteers, The Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest Pennsylvania (SHFB) takes a bold, innovative and multifaceted approach to provide food to those who are hungry in northwest Pennsylvania while educating the community on the realities involved with hunger. SHFB is the largest hunger relief organization in northwest Pennsylvania, and we are committed to increasing our food distribution. Through our work with more than 400 partners, Second Harvest provides food for more than 10 million free meals per year for northwest Pennsylvanians in need. Second Harvest is a member of Feeding America, the nation’s largest hunger-relief organization. Through compassion and action, together we can create a hunger free northwest Pennsylvania. Our team lives our core values of collaboration, accountability, respect, excellence and social justice.